Windows 7 SP1 update error 800B0100

How did you manage that, Tom - My VPC install doesn't have those files?

{edit) - check the version numbers, Tom!

Last edited:
From what I can see, the registry is normal (complete with reference to v6.1.xxx files) - but I can't work out what's demanding the presence of the actual files. Running CheckSUR on my install doesn't replicate the errors, and I can't see any differences in the registry that mean anything to me. :(

From what I can see, the registry is normal (complete with reference to v6.1.xxx files) - but I can't work out what's demanding the presence of the actual files. Running CheckSUR on my install doesn't replicate the errors, and I can't see any differences in the registry that mean anything to me. :(

140,443 files later and I finally get them! Will post a fix later :) SP1 had them in it, but strangely my computer didn't despite it being SP1 with VPC installed.

Tom

Maybe it's the difference between native SP1 and updated SP1 - and when VPC was installed??

I guess we'll never know :(

Here's the fix, RiverBoa99:

Windows Update Package Replacement

Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

1. Please download the attached file, Packs.zip and save this to your Desktop.
  2. Right-click on the file and select Extract All...
  3. Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click Extract
  4. A window will open showing two folders, Manifests and Packages
  5. Open the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Winsxs\Manifests

6. Open the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages

7. Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again.
  8. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16537616/Fixes/SURT/RiverBoa99/Packs.zip

Tom

So I did and installed the first fix first, then I saw this second page so I'm trying that now. I'll post my log when I'm done.

Hi RiverBoa99,

It's no problem, don't bother doing it a second time :) Because the fix was wrong, I renamed the file so you couldn't download it, then put the correct one in it's place. If you look at the posts, both links point to the same file.

Tom

No I'm getting another error. The check.log is clear and has no problems, but I'm getting a Code 8024200D error on Windows update. I've disabled services and startup services and all that mess in msconfig. Still having the same problem. Any ideas?

Hi,

For any update failing with 8024200D, all you need to do is download the update from the Microsoft website and install it manually :)

Tom

Hi RiverBoa99,

Can you re-run the System Update Readiness Tool please? Download it again if you no longer have it:

Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [August 2013] from Official Microsoft Download Centre

Then:

Export CBS folder

1. Click the Start button
    StartButton_16x16.gif
    then click Computer.
  2. Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
  3. Find and double click on the Logs folder.
  4. Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
  5. Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
  6. Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
  7. A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.

Tom

Hi RiverBoa99,

Can you re-run the System Update Readiness Tool please? Download it again if you no longer have it:

Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [August 2013] from Official Microsoft Download Centre

Then:

Export CBS folder

StartButton_16x16.gif
    then click Computer.
  2. Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
  5. Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
  6. Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
  7. A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.

Tom

There you go. Thanks for the continued help!

View attachment 5504

Are there any additional files you need? These files aren't showing me anything new and I still can't upgrade to SP1.

I was thinking of downloading a Windows 7 SP1 disk and just reinstalling an upgrade copy. Will this work?

Hello RiverBoa99,

Your CBS log isn't showing anything of use, so we'll have to look at the archived logs as well:

Export CBS folder

StartButton_16x16.gif
    then click Computer.

Tom

Hello RiverBoa99,

Your CBS log isn't showing anything of use, so we'll have to look at the archived logs as well:

Export CBS folder

StartButton_16x16.gif
    then click Computer.

Tom

Okay, here you go!View attachment 5534

Back