Fractal Design Define R4 Mid Tower w/Window
      • Cooling:
        2 x 140mm case fans, OEM CPU Cooler
      • Display:
        2 x Samsung S24E650BW 24 inch WS
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Re: Sysinternals Tools Updates

Hmmmm, now it says Windows 10. I don't know why it did not before. However, I am keeping my custom entry because I want it to say which version of W10 I have so I have created a custom entry to correctly report I have "Windows 10 Pro 64-bit".
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    MS MVP Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2017

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        BrightWorks Systems
      • Model Number:
        BWS-6 E-IV
      • Motherboard:
        Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i5-6600 Skylake Pushed to 3.9GHz
      • Memory:
        2 X 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000
      • Graphics:
        MSI Radeon R7 370 2GD5T OC 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5
      • Sound Card:
        Integrated
      • Hard Drives:
        None
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 850 EVO 250GB SSD, Blu-ray R/W
      • Power Supply:
        EVGA Supernova 550W Gold
      • Case:
      • Cooling:
      • Display:
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Okay, I am going crazy now because it is back to Windows 8. Not sure what is happening but I think they have some more work to do on this program. I still like it and since it is easy to customize entries I will keep using it.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!

From Update: Sigcheck v2.4, Sysmon v3.2, Process Explorer v16.1, Autoruns v13.51, AccessChk v6.01 - Sysinternals Site Discussion - Site Home - TechNet Blogs:
    Sigcheck v2.4
    This update to Sigcheck, a powerful command-line utility that reports image file and signing information, as well as information on certificates, now has an option that will report any certificates installed on the system that do not chain to one of the certificates in the Microsoft certificate trust list (CTL). It also adds the ability to take image information captured from Sigcheck on a system disconnected from the Internet and obtain VirusTotal status from one that’s connected.
    Sysmon v3.2
    This release of Sysmon, a background service that logs security-relevant process and network activity to the Windows event log, now has the option of logging raw disk and volume accesses, operations commonly performed by malicious toolkits to read information by bypassing higher-level security features. Thanks to David Magnotti for the contribution.
    Process Explorer v16.1
    Process Explorer now includes a column in the handle view that reports the text version of handle access masks, as well as several bug fixes including one that would result in the suspension of .NET threads when viewed via the stack dialog.
    Autoruns v13.51
    This release of Autoruns, a comprehensive autostart entry manager, fixes a WMI command-line parsing bug, emits a UNICODE BOM in the file generated when saving results to a text file, and adds back the ability to selectively verify the signing status of individual entries.
    AccessChk v6.01
    This release of AccessChk, a command-line utility that reports effective and actual access for many different object types including files, registry keys, and services, now handles accounts with long names, fixes a bug that prevented reporting of kernel object accesses when run elevated, and fixes the inadvertent creation of a registry key when querying a non-existent key.
    JMH, Tekno Venus and jcgriff2 say thanks for this.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
    May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

From Update: Sysmon v4, Procdump v8, Sigcheck v2.51:

Sysmon v4.0
    This release of Sysmon, an advanced background monitor that records process-related activity to the event log for use in intrusion detection and forensics, introduces more powerful filtering capabilities, allowing for both include and exclude rules to be specified for specific events types, as well as complex matching on different event fields.

Procdump v8.0
    Procdump, a utility for capturing process dump files based on CPU, memory, and other triggers, has improved support for lightweight reflection dumps on Windows 7 and Windows 8, now creates a named event that can be signaled by another process to gracefully terminate it, does more intelligent default path searches for the debugging tools libraries, and makes trigger timing and repeat behaviors consistent across trigger types.

Sigcheck v2.51
    This update to Sigcheck, a command-line utility that reports detailed information about images, including their signatures and VirusTotal status, as well as certificate stores, now cleanses newline and other characters from CSV output to prevent line breaks.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        BrightWorks Systems
      • Model Number:
        BWS-6 E-IV
      • Motherboard:
        Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i5-6600 Skylake Pushed to 3.9GHz
      • Memory:
        2 X 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000
      • Graphics:
        MSI Radeon R7 370 2GD5T OC 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5
      • Sound Card:
        Integrated
      • Hard Drives:
        None
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 850 EVO 250GB SSD, Blu-ray R/W
      • Power Supply:
        EVGA Supernova 550W Gold
      • Case:
      • Cooling:
      • Display:
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Sure wish they would update BGInfo. That is one of my favorite Sysinternals programs but it just does not work correctly for folks using multimonitor setups and different backgrounds on each monitor. Oh well. Glad to see they are updating others in the collection. That gives me hope BGInfo will eventually be updated too.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!

From Update: Sigcheck v2.4, Sysmon v3.2, Process Explorer v16.1, Autoruns v13.51, AccessChk v6.01:

Sigcheck v2.4
    This update to Sigcheck, a powerful command-line utility that reports image file and signing information, as well as information on certificates, now has an option that will report any certificates installed on the system that do not chain to one of the certificates in the Microsoft certificate trust list (CTL). It also adds the ability to take image information captured from Sigcheck on a system disconnected from the Internet and obtain VirusTotal status from one that’s connected.
    Sysmon v3.2
    This release of Sysmon, a background service that logs security-relevant process and network activity to the Windows event log, now has the option of logging raw disk and volume accesses, operations commonly performed by malicious toolkits to read information by bypassing higher-level security features. Thanks to David Magnotti for the contribution.
    Process Explorer v16.1
    Process Explorer now includes a column in the handle view that reports the text version of handle access masks, as well as several bug fixes including one that would result in the suspension of .NET threads when viewed via the stack dialog.
    Autoruns v13.51
    This release of Autoruns, a comprehensive autostart entry manager, fixes a WMI command-line parsing bug, emits a UNICODE BOM in the file generated when saving results to a text file, and adds back the ability to selectively verify the signing status of individual entries.
    AccessChk v6.01
    This release of AccessChk, a command-line utility that reports effective and actual access for many different object types including files, registry keys, and services, now handles accounts with long names, fixes a bug that prevented reporting of kernel object accesses when run elevated, and fixes the inadvertent creation of a registry key when querying a non-existent key.
    satrow says thanks for this.

Page 2 of 2 First 12