Hello again Bill :)
Thanks so much for that! Well, I've created a fix for the issue. Now we import it and see if it works. If it does, great, if not, I reassess and edit it slightly to make it work. Sometimes it takes a couple of attempts to perfect, sometimes I get it first time. We'll just have to wait and see!
this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.
- Download SFCFix.exe and save this to your Desktop.
- Download the file below, SFCFixScript.txt, and save this to your Desktop.
- Save any open documents and close all open windows.
- On your Desktop, you should see two files: SFCFix.exe and SFCFix.txt.
- Drag the file SFCFix.txt onto the file SFCFix.exe and release it.
- SFCFix will now process the script.
- Upon completion, a file should be created on your Desktop: SFCFix.txt.
- Copy (Ctrl + C) and Paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of this file into your next post for me to analyse please.
Then please re-test Windows Update. If still no-go, re-run System Update Readiness Tool and post new CheckSUR.log.