Microsoft released the monthly “C” release preview cumulative updates with non-security improvements and fixes for Windows 11, Version 21H1. The preview update for Windows 11, version 22H2, will be available in the near term.
Following are the highlights for KB5019274
(OS Build 22000.1516) for Windows 11, 21h1:
- New! This update combines Windows Spotlight with Themes on the Personalization page. This makes it easier for you to discover and turn on the Windows Spotlight feature.
- New! This update displays storage alerts for Microsoft OneDrive subscribers on the Systems page in the Settings app. The alerts appear when you are close to your storage limit. You can also manage your storage and purchase additional storage, if needed.
- New! This update provides the full amount of storage capacity of all your OneDrive subscriptions. It also displays the total storage on the Accounts page in the Settings app.
- New! This update improves the Microsoft Account experience in Settings. For example, you can manage OneDrive subscriptions and storage alerts.
- New! This update displays Xbox subscription details on the Accounts page in the Settings app. Xbox subscribers can also manage their subscription on that page. Users who are not subscribers can explore Xbox subscription options on the Accounts page.
- This update addresses an issue that affects some modern applications. This issue stops them from opening.
- This update addresses an issue that might occur when the Input Method Editor (IME) is active. Applications might stop responding when you use the mouse and keyboard at the same time.
- This update addresses an issue the stops the touch keyboard from opening.
- This update addresses an issue that stops you from searching for a file based on the file’s contents.
See the referenced KB article for the list of improvements included in the update.
Update: To get the update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. The link to download and install the update can be found in the Optional updates available area. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog