My issue is a full system hang without BSOD (no mem dump). It seems to occur while playing Flash games, like Zynga Poker. Windows hangs completely, no cursor movement, no recovery. I let one hang sit for nearly an hour before hard-resetting.
O.S. - Windows 7 Professional SP1 (amd64)
HW age - Less than 1 year.
Planned reinstallation less than a week ago.
HW change previous to issue - Remove 500GB Seagate SATA drive, install 1TB WD SATA drive. Remove OCZ SSD as OS drive.
History of PC and issue.
The PC is a self built machine (specs in drop down) completed less than a year ago.
- First installation of Windows ran without issue.
- Second installation of Windows (to SSD) was temporary whilst I organized, consolidated and backed up my files from 4 HDDs. No issues.
- Third installation (current install) on 8/13.
- Starting on 8/15 the system suffered from a Hang while playing Zynga Poker with my son. Dismissed as a one-off issue.
- 8/16 I was spending time with my son teaching him about computer hardware and playing Zynga Poker with him the PC suffered an abrupt shutdown (immediate off).
- After troubleshooting I found what appeared to be the culprit in a loose SATA power connection to my modular PSU (SeaSonic X650).
- The immediate shutdowns ceased, but the hangs still occur.
What I have done (Troubleshooting and repair)
Full gamut of hardware diagnostics;
- HDD0 - WD Caviar Black SATA 3 500GB (OS Drive) - Checked and passed
- HDD1 - WD Caviar Black SATA 2 1TB - Checked and passed
- Memory - 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu - Tested extensively and passed
- CPU - AMD Phenom 1100T x6 - OCCT for 2+ hours (pass) Prime95 (DOS - pass)
- Full tear-down / inspection of HW components.
- Full test of PSU voltages (idle and under load) with Multimeter (Steady voltages well within ATX parameters - pass)
Software Diagnostics and Drivers;
- chkdsk c: /f/r - No errors reported
- SFC /scannow - No violations or file corruption found
- Update Video drivers
- Update Chipset drivers
- Update SATA drivers
- Uninstall and reinstall Flash Player (twice)
- Went through Event Viewer and checked/repaired errors.
Zero write and Fresh installation of Windows...
Attached are the output files of the JCGriff app... Even though there are no dumps.
All system events are post-last crash. I cleared the Event Viewer Log files earlier today.
It truly appears to me that the system hangs are only occurring when playing Flash based Apps (Zynga Poker). I have not, to my knowledge, had one single crash or hang since this computer was built. (until now)
If you need more info, please ask. If I don't find resolution soon, I am going to procede with the wipe and reinstallation.
Thank you, in advance, for your time and attention.