So far, one user that I know of has experienced the following scenario:
- A clean install of Windows allows the apps to run fast after the initial install of the latest version.
- An update of the apps is released, and the user installs that update.
- After installing the latest update, the apps run ~10-20 times slower.
- A clean install of Windows allows the latest update to run fast on the system again.
- Another update of the apps is released, and the user returns to the apps behaving as in 3.
- Repeat steps 1-5.
I am hoping others are not experiencing the above problem, but if you are, please post and let me know.
I have currently set up the apps to allow users to return to 2.7.2 and 2.10.0 without being notifed updates are available. Those two versions interface with the Windows debugging tools differently than the current version of the apps, so if you are among those having problems with the apps slowing down after updates, try those two versions. I would appreciate it if you tried both and reported back whether each fixed the slowness problem so I can determine the best way to provide a fix in a later update.
Thank you for your cooperation.