Page 11 of 13 First ... 78910111213 Last
  1. #201
    Tekno Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Age
    20
    Posts
    5,839
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Custom Built
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS Z170I ITX
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7 6700K
      • Memory:
        16GB DDR4
      • Hard Drives:
        500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2TB Seagate HDD
      • Power Supply:
        450W Corsair SFX
      • Case:
        Silverstone SG13 ITX
      • Cooling:
        Corsair H60i
      • Display:
        Dell U2715H - 2160x1440 27 inch
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro x64

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    it looked to me that you were banned for posting copies of threads from a private forum, that would be a rule break in my eyes and you only have yourself to blame , but like many others here cant accept responsibility for their own actions,
    That may be a contributing reason towards my ban and I have accepted that and moved on from SF. However, jcgriff, Laxer, niemiro and Corrine for example were banned for nothing more than being admins here. I am not trying to start another argument, I just want to get the facts straight.
    Last edited by Tekno Venus; 07-26-2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: I can't spell!
    Kosh Vorlon and Ivan the SoSo say thanks for this.


    • Ad Bot

      advertising
      Beep.

        
       

  2. #202

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    i joined here about a week ago to get some tips on how to deal with a blue screen as my friend recently had one.
    i haven't been active here as there is very little activity . then this thread started
    i have watched it spiral into what can only be described as pitiful.
    i dont know the forums being mentioned but how it looks to me is that a small handful of people were banned from a site for rule breaking,
    and they were less than happy about it ,
    hence this mud slinging .
    i cannot believe that the owner of this site would allow it to be used as a weapon against another site and for people to air their petty grievances .
    i have seen kids stirring it up ,another site owner tipping the site into a libel/slander case
    other people who seem to be very large in the communities researching and posting someone Else's business, this seems very petty.
    we have other people suggesting hearsay comments made without any credibility or evidence
    the whole thread here is a shambles and makes what looked like a serious professional site look like a bunch of rejects that have nothing better to do than back stab and mud sling.
    its clear that despite many qualifications and microsoft awardees gathered here that geeks cant take rejection.
    i would hide this thread as it shows you have dragged yourselves down to a level that is laughable to many others.

    my goodness whatever next.


    i doubt i will be visiting here much as its becoming embarrassing to be associated here.

    to the owner of the site i feel sorry for you,
    you clearly started this place out of a passion to develop , unfortunately others have come in and dragged you down ,losing your credibility as a professional site for professionals.

    have a nice day
    Unfortunately, with all due respect, I don't think you understand the situation, so your comments aren't valid. Also you were very rude, none of us are being rude in any way or manner towards any members or staff at Seven Forums. The majority that were wrongfully banned are just displaying how absolutely ridiculous it is.

    Steely Day, I must ask you... if you had 300 posts (although not a staggering number, but that's not the point) on a forum, and an Administrator banned a few members there, and you, on a completely different site, mentioned that you don't think that was fair or done in professional manner, were then banned for that comment, wouldn't you be a little ticked off as well? I mean, making off-site comments that are not in any way, shape, or form rude or in anyway an "okay" to simply insta-ban an account is ridiculous, especially if you had ZERO prior engagements with staff, or punishments.

    What we're all discussing here is how ridiculous this entire situation is, and how simply and professional it could have been solved. Instead, dozens and dozens of good people that have nothing but good intentions were banned. When you go and do that, of course people are going to be upset. It's corruption, and it's unfair. What if instead of 300 posts, I had 12,000, and I wanted to use those posts as reference towards an MVP award, etc... just examples. I would be absolutely in hysterics.

    And just for reference, this is the post I was banned for.

    I'm a Forum Moderator on Overclock.net. I wouldn't insta-ban an account unless it was a blatant spam bot or multi-account from a previously banned member who was denied appeal. Most importantly, I would never ban a member making comments off-site, because the Terms of Service do not apply wherever these comments are being made.
    Tekno Venus, niemiro, satrow and 6 others say thanks for this.

  3. #203

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    Tekno Venus wrote-
    Steely Dan, I appreciate your comments however, the majority of us members who were banned from Seven Forums were not banned for breaking any of the rules. We were banned for having a membership at Sysnative and nothing more. That is why this discussion exists, we were not banned for any reason apart from having an account here.
    Well Mike Fara told us over on Windows 8 Forums.com, his sister site to Windows 7 Forums,that Seven Forums have also got it against his site.

    And on this thread on Windows 8 Forums on you will see a lot of members of Windows 7 Forums.com and Windows 8 Forums have been banned from Seven Forums for no reason.
    Here-http://windows8forums.com/cafe-8/5551-seven-forums.html

    It seems that Seven Forums are running their forum like a VIP suite. And anyone who they don't like is out of there-barred. Andrea Borman.
    Andrea Borman.

  4. #204
    Kosh Vorlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Laytonsville, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    116
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Dell
      • Model Number:
        9400 - E1705
      • Motherboard:
        Dell Inc. 0YD479 166 megahertz
      • CPU:
        2.00 gigahertz T7200 Intel Core 2 Duo; 665.78MHz
      • Memory:
        2046 Megabytes DIMM
      • Graphics:
        ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 [Display adapter]
      • Sound Card:
        SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
      • Hard Drives:
        Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB)
      • Disk Drives:
        Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]
      • Operating System:
        32-bit Vista Business SP2

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    it looked to me that you were banned for posting copies of threads from a private forum, that would be a rule break in my eyes and you only have yourself to blame , but like many others here cant accept responsibility for their own actions,
    If you actually read the legal terms at the link at the bottom of that site (instead of basing things on how they seem "in your eyes" - even if you were a lawyer which is clearly not the case as evidenced by this and your prior post which proves it even more clearly with hints of libel/slander which you obviously don't understand, talk of heresay comments that exist without evidence because the evidence is the fact that these events occurred without any that was pertinent and the owner "over there" isn't about to provide any, lack of credibility because the whole point is that these events are indeed incredible to fathom, use of rejects and geeks when you have no evidence to substantiate that the rejections were appropriate (and many were not which is the point) or even understand the term geek), you might heve seen the following:

    You may print off or download the visible text on the site for personal non-commercial purposes but it may not be used for any other purpose. Further, you may not reproduce any other part of the website, including but not limited to the structure, overall style and program code.


    This was visible text on the site. It was for personal reasons. There was no commercial purpose involved (it isn't being sold). It includes no other part of the website. The fact that it was a private forum is not mentioned as a factor in the disclosure - the privacy only concerns whether or not someone can access it. If access is permitted, the legal restrictions do not mention treating that visible text as being any different from any other visible text. Whether it is or isn't "right" or whether or not doing so is a common sense violation does not trump the letter of the disclosure as it is written. It's not Venus' fault if they didn't get proper legal advice on how to draft it appropriately to close potential holes like this.

    Was Venus banned for doing it even if not in technical violation? Almost certainly. Should Venus have created a separate throw-away ID to post them? In retrospect, obviously. Was it proper/acceptable to ban Venus for doing it? Possibly (using the always present "we reserve the right to ban... for any reason whatsoever..." clause). Would I have banned Venus? No, but I might have warned Venus and requested Venus delete the posts to avoid being banned before simply doing it (which would have been a better outcome for all concerned also). Would it have occurred or even been noticed if all the other hoopla you've completely misunderstood were not occurring at the same time? Almost certainly not - after all, who can notice every post by every member in every forum or website in the world (possibly even translated for use in a foreign country).

    You chose to pick Venus as an example here because Venus responded to your other reply to explain you didn't understand (and you don't). That's understandable and a very common defensive response on your part. Do you feel better and more confident now? In the meantime, read on to Venus' follow-up and that from E-Peen. You'll see Venus accepts responsibility (even if it probably isn't warranted) and that it was more than a few and many did nothing other than become senior members or otherwise important members of this forum or express personal opinions here that were checked out by "spies" from the other forums who reported back and those people were banned in the "other forums." I was not involved in this myself, but joined the forum when I heard about it if only to express support for some very, very good people who were very badly mistreated. I'm honored and proud to be associated with and accepted by this forum and not those "over there."

    The irony is that if you had posted the first post in the forums "over there", you'd now almost certainly be banned from there as well (and your post and possibly all your other posts deleted as well). You're lucky the owners here are more tolerant of expressing opposing opinions and allowing them and the forum to be flamed by the likes of you.

    As for whether or not you continue to post or visit here, that's up to you (though I admit I have a bias and hope regarding your decision and, if granted, that would go far to making me have a nice day). If one thread in a Lounge (for members and not intended for visitors needing help) which has nothing to do with supporting people who come here with problems or questions needing assistance is enough for you to make a judgement regarding the entire forum, then I can't help but wonder what forum anywhere in the world in any language would ever meet your impossible standards. I assure you that the forums "over there" would not by any stretch of the imagination. I've never seen a single one in all my years. I suspect if you requested, the administrators would be willing to remove your profile and most of your posts (unless they contributed to the resolution of a question or problem - then they may wish to either keep them or at least revise them to attribute them to a completely anonymous user so your issues with being associated would no longer exist).

    After reading your rant, I can't help but wonder about your own credibility based on how many misconceptions and false statements and assumptions and accusations (false or possible) and the completely rude comments you made in it (one of only two of yours I've read and don't intend to look at the others so as not to be potentially misled about more important things like the true work of this forum. Then again, perhaps I need to so I won't be guilty of basing my entire opinion about you on two of thirty posts when twenty-eight may show someone entirely different (as you base that of this entire forum on one thread)). I truly wonder if I'll see a substantial difference? And before you say it, no I haven't really contributed anything useful here yet myself after only a few days, but I believe in reviewing as much of the forum as possible first so I can get a better feel for the style and adapt better (plus, as you say, there isn't a lot of volume yet - but that will change). And it's also taking time to visit the other forums and websites I've seen linked here in threads and profiles (plus download and try some of the programs I've seen mentioned. I try to base what I do on the whole picture and not form global opinions based on a single thread in an off-topic sub-forum (but I suppose we differ in at least that way and I've little doubt in quite a few others as well).
    James7679, writhziden, niemiro and 7 others say thanks for this.


    Kosh. MVP-Consumer Security. MCSE, MCSA, Network+, A+, MCC2011, MCP Vista/XP.
    Nothing is ever hopeless or impossible!

  5. #205
    jcgriff2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey Shore
    Posts
    15,851
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        HP
      • Model Number:
        HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j130us Notebook - E8A04UA
      • Motherboard:
        HP Insyde 720265-501 6050A2549501-MB-A02
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz.
      • Memory:
        12GB DDR3L SDRAM (2 DIMM)
      • Graphics:
        Intel HD graphics 4600 with up to 1792MB total graphics memory
      • Sound Card:
        Beats Audio quad speakers and two subwoofers
      • Hard Drives:
        1TB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
      • Disk Drives:
        Hitachi 500 GB SSD; 7 TB USB External
      • Power Supply:
        90w
      • Case:
        Laptop
      • Display:
        17.3-inch diagonal HD+ BrightView LED-backlit touchscreen display (1600 x 900)
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8.1

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    I am the owner of Sysnative Forums.

    I started this thread explaining my reasons in POST #1.

    I am sick and tired of certain forum owners treating the volunteers that contribute their free time like slaves.

    A volunteer like a paid employee should be afforded the right to know the reason(s) they suddenly become persona non grata at a site.

    I am a big believer in public disclosure. If the truth hurts, so be it - and that applies to me too.

    John
    writhziden, Kosh Vorlon, niemiro and 11 others say thanks for this.

    BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista ` ` `Carrona Driver Reference Table (DRT)
    https://www.sysnative.com/
    Sysnative Hex-Decimal-UNIX Date Conversion

    Has Sysnative Forums helped you?
    Please consider donating to help support the forum.
    Thank You!

    Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

  6. #206
    writhziden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,328
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Sony
      • Model Number:
        VPCF232FX/B
      • Motherboard:
        Sony Corporation VAIO
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
        8.00 GB Crucial CT2KIT51264BF1339 DDR3 1333
      • Graphics:
      • Sound Card:
        Realtek High Definition Audio/nVidia High Definition Audio
      • Hard Drives:
        TOSHIBA MK5061GSY 500 GB (465 GB actual)
      • Case:
        Laptop black matte case with backlit keyboard
      • Cooling:
        Air cooling via fan and heat exchanger heatsink
      • Display:
        Laptop display
      • Operating System:
        Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    Well said, John!

    I could not agree more, especially with the volunteers being treated as slaves. Of course, you already know my personal feelings on that one.

    As many know, I left SF after posting 11,000+ posts within eight months. I worked very hard there to help as many users as I possibly could on a daily basis, and I was easily dismissed, by my own request, when I felt unappreciated. That easy dismissal just goes to show how unappreciated I really was, so I know my decision was well warranted.

    I chose to leave, but others here did not have that option and were dismissed for no better reason than their affiliation with Sysnative. I support everything that has been said in this thread in regards to that ludicrous decision by SF admins.
    Patrick, jcgriff2, niemiro and 3 others say thanks for this.

  7. #207
    Cayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    196
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Self-built
      • Motherboard:
        Asus M5A97 R2
      • CPU:
        FX 9370 4.4 GHz
      • Memory:
        8Gb G. Skill Ripjaws 1600
      • Graphics:
        AMD R9 290X 4Gb
      • Hard Drives:
        Samsung Evo 850 / Seagate 1TB
      • Power Supply:
        Seasonic G Series 650W
      • Case:
        Corsair Obsidian 450D
      • Cooling:
        Arctic 320w air cooler
      • Display:
        Sansung 22 inch
      • Operating System:
        Windows 7 HP

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    This kind of stuff does happen. I don't know if what I'm about to say sounds rude, as I'm not trying to say John's forum is inadequately run, but just some food-for-thought.

    Read More:
    niemiro and Ivan the SoSo say thanks for this.

  8. #208
    Steely Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    south west UK
    Posts
    32

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    let me say that my previous posts were based on what i have seen HERE, i dont need to go around reading terms and conditions of other sites before considering a post.
    i dont need to be a lawyer to see that Mr Fara was bringing up some serious allegations, if i were Mr Fairbrother i would be looking into the legalities of mr Faras statements as we speak.
    miss borman says mr fara is saying that Mr fairbrother has it in for him, pot kettle springs to mind as clearly he is the one running round bad mouthing another site owner

    hearsay about another member who has been banned or not because they chose not to show rep points,
    what is incredible is that this post is made available to the public.( if i were a MVP i would give this place a massive wide berth so as to not end up with any mud on myself)

    i dont need to substantiate whether the rejections were appropriate or not,
    i stand by my words, it is clear that the people here that were rejected don't like it, understandably, but to hold ones head up and get on with things would be a far better stance.

    i understand that the thread on the other forum was in a vip thread which is not public ,so copying from it may well have been unethical.

    i don't consider my observations and feelings about how this site is making itself appear as a rant ,
    in fact mr vorlon you appear to be having a rant of your own ,again that is how it appears to me, so no need to quote me any terms and conditions.
    by your own hand you have told us you only joined in to support this forum based on hearing about the recent developments .
    It appears to me that you have joined in with the mud slinging as you were banned from the other forum and clearly have an axe to grind.
    again my point to the owner of this site!
    people are jumping on the band wagon to put the boot in, possibly dragging the reputation of the professionals and the site here down further .

    out of curiosity i have looked at both the sevenforums ,mr Faras and Mr Fairbrothers and i can see there is a big difference, you could not be blamed for thinking jealousy is a part of Mr Faras agenda
    Mr Fairbrothers forum looks very Professional and friendly , in fact i am considering signing up there.

    i have to say looking back through the posts here i am reminded of the school playground and more darkly ,the lord of the flies.

    so in the words of a very wise man...

    big fish,little fish...cardboard box!
    aUser says thanks for this.

  9. #209
    Cayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    196
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Self-built
      • Motherboard:
        Asus M5A97 R2
      • CPU:
        FX 9370 4.4 GHz
      • Memory:
        8Gb G. Skill Ripjaws 1600
      • Graphics:
        AMD R9 290X 4Gb
      • Hard Drives:
        Samsung Evo 850 / Seagate 1TB
      • Power Supply:
        Seasonic G Series 650W
      • Case:
        Corsair Obsidian 450D
      • Cooling:
        Arctic 320w air cooler
      • Display:
        Sansung 22 inch
      • Operating System:
        Windows 7 HP

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    But you must understand Steely Dan, the members here which were banned from Fairbrother's forums are understandable upset, most if not all have made huge contributions to one or all of his forums so I think they deserve to be able to vent a little.
    niemiro, Tekno Venus, Kosh Vorlon and 3 others say thanks for this.

  10. #210
    Corrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    8,525

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    Hi, Steely Dan.

    Thank you for your comments.

    A friend reminded me about something that happened around seven or so years ago when two different product-specific forums disappeared. I had over 12,000 posts at one of the forums and my friend had about the same at the other. People were upset. People ranted. Life went on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    people are jumping on the band wagon to put the boot in, possibly dragging the reputation of the professionals and the site here down further .
    There is a lot of truth to what you said about folks jumping on the band wagon. Although support of those affected is appreciated, it seems to me that every possible aspect of the situation has been covered. If I had my way, I would thank everyone for their comments, suggest we all return to helping people and close this thread. However, that isn't my decision to make.
    Kosh Vorlon, writhziden, Trouble and 4 others say thanks for this.


    Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

    Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
    May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

  11. #211
    Laxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,845
    • specs System Specs
      • Motherboard:
        GIGABYTE GA-Z97MX
      • CPU:
        Intel 4690K @ 4.6Ghz
      • Memory:
        Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 2666Mhz
      • Graphics:
        2x Sapphire 7970s
      • Hard Drives:
        2x Corsair Force 3GT 120GB (RAID 0) + 2x Western Digital Red 3TB (RAID 1)
      • Disk Drives:
        LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner
      • Power Supply:
        CORSAIR 950HX
      • Case:
        Corsair 350D
      • Cooling:
        Corsair H100i
      • Display:
        3 x 22" Samsung 1080p Displays
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8 Pro x64

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    This is painfully spiraling out of control...

    @Steely Dan, let me first quote John,

    I am a big believer in public disclosure. If the truth hurts, so be it - and that applies to me too.
    This thread is not hidden because we want people to see it, and we want people to see the truth even if it hurts us.

    With that said, the fact that you have read it and cast your judgement is completely justified.

    No one here is trying to attack you or trying to tell you your opinion is wrong. Everyone is trying to clear the water after a very dirty situation.

    Personally, I would not want to be part of a forum where I am constantly having to watch my back; where I have to read the terms of use at the bottom of the page to avoid getting banned.

    Here at Sysnative we support everyone's opinions and don't hide behind transparent rules. You are welcome to share any content here assuming you do so appropriately and don't claim it as your own. If we do not want you sharing private information it will be stated in a Non-Disclosure Agreement(NDA) you will have to agree to before you receive access. We refuse to drop to the level of other forums, we lead by example. We can only hope the other forums follow suit.
    On a note one of your prior posts, The owners and admin of this site have unanimously agreed to keep this public and visible to guests. There is no point hiding the truth regardless of what retributions may come out of it.
    Last edited by Laxer; 07-26-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    jcgriff2, Tekno Venus, Corrine and 6 others say thanks for this.

  12. #212
    jcgriff2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey Shore
    Posts
    15,851
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        HP
      • Model Number:
        HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j130us Notebook - E8A04UA
      • Motherboard:
        HP Insyde 720265-501 6050A2549501-MB-A02
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz.
      • Memory:
        12GB DDR3L SDRAM (2 DIMM)
      • Graphics:
        Intel HD graphics 4600 with up to 1792MB total graphics memory
      • Sound Card:
        Beats Audio quad speakers and two subwoofers
      • Hard Drives:
        1TB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
      • Disk Drives:
        Hitachi 500 GB SSD; 7 TB USB External
      • Power Supply:
        90w
      • Case:
        Laptop
      • Display:
        17.3-inch diagonal HD+ BrightView LED-backlit touchscreen display (1600 x 900)
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8.1

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    i understand that the thread on the other forum was in a vip thread which is not public ...
    True enough about the SF VIP Lounge forum thread.

    However, their VIP Lounge forum is accessible by thousands+ of their ~200k+ members (I am not privy to the exact number). I would not exactly describe that as a non-public forum.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    . i dont need to substantiate whether the rejections were appropriate or not,
    i stand by my words, it is clear that the people here that were rejected don't like it, understandably, but to hold ones head up and get on with things would be a far better stance.
    I certainly don't feel rejected in the least.

    I agree with you about moving on; however as I have instilled in my kids - when falsely accused, seek the truth by any & all legal remedies available and publicize it, not only for yourself, but for the sake of others that may suffer the same fate in the future.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    again my point to the owner of this site!

    people are jumping on the band wagon to put the boot in, possibly dragging the reputation of the professionals and the site here down further .

    <snip>

    .what is incredible is that this post is made available to the public.( if i were a MVP i would give this place a massive wide berth so as to not end up with any mud on myself)[/
    I am sorry that you feel MVPs or anyone else should steer clear of Sysnative Forums out of fear of retribution. Unfortunately, that sentiment has been repeatedly echoed for the last few months and reluctantly, I chose to let it go. Not this time.

    I'll say it again -
    Quote Originally Posted by jcgriff2
    I am a big believer in public disclosure. If the truth hurts, so be it - and that applies to me too.
    This thread does not involve agents of the CIA or NSA dealing with matters of National Security. A discussion of Tech Forums and unfair practices does not need to be held in the White House Situation Room. A thread such as this is the best venue, IMO.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    let me say that my previous posts were based on what i have seen HERE, i dont need to go around reading terms and conditions of other sites before considering a post.
    Of course not - your comments are certainly welcome here. I could care less what rules other sites impose on their members -- they do not apply here, especially gag orders.


    I'll end for now with a few quotes by former President Ronald Reagan. . .

    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”

    “To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.”

    “Don't be afraid to see what you see.”

    “We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.”
    James7679, Trouble, JaidynM and 5 others say thanks for this.

    BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista ` ` `Carrona Driver Reference Table (DRT)
    https://www.sysnative.com/
    Sysnative Hex-Decimal-UNIX Date Conversion

    Has Sysnative Forums helped you?
    Please consider donating to help support the forum.
    Thank You!

    Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

  13. #213
    Steely Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    south west UK
    Posts
    32

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    it seems you misunderstood my point

    I am sorry that you feel MVPs or anyone else should steer clear of Sysnative Forums out of fear of retribution. Unfortunately, that sentiment has been repeatedly echoed for the last few months and reluctantly, I chose to let it go. Not this time.
    i wouldnt stay clear out of fear of retribution,
    rather for fear of having my reputation sullied by association with this thread/site.

    i believe reagan also said...

    "You can't help those who simply will not be helped. One problem that we've had, even in the best of times, is people who are sleeping on the grates, the homeless who are homeless, you might say, by choice." -- President Reagan, 1/31/84.

    "Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do." -- Ronald Reagan, 1981

    aUser says thanks for this.

  14. #214
    Cayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    196
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Self-built
      • Motherboard:
        Asus M5A97 R2
      • CPU:
        FX 9370 4.4 GHz
      • Memory:
        8Gb G. Skill Ripjaws 1600
      • Graphics:
        AMD R9 290X 4Gb
      • Hard Drives:
        Samsung Evo 850 / Seagate 1TB
      • Power Supply:
        Seasonic G Series 650W
      • Case:
        Corsair Obsidian 450D
      • Cooling:
        Arctic 320w air cooler
      • Display:
        Sansung 22 inch
      • Operating System:
        Windows 7 HP

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    Are you afraid of being on the same website as a number of banned people? I'm certain that there is nothing of the sort to fear. First of all, if you're worried about your "reputation" whatever you may have, that's why there exist usernames so you may hide and not need to worry. Second, if you don't like it here so much why did you sign up and chose to participate? And thirdly, every forum ever has similar problems of bad blood and murky water, within themselves and with other forums, people just have to deal with it.
    niemiro says thanks for this.

  15. #215

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    Hi,

    I am here because I recently read Corrine's tweet on this issue. I retweeted her tweet purely because I strongly felt that no MVP deserved a ban anywhere and a dignified exit would have been the preferred option. I also found that, that forum had banned me too. LOL. I just had one post there. Yes, I think I had just that one post congratulating them for winning a contest which we had organized. Failed to understand the real reason! I have mentioned the details here should anyone be interested in reading them.

    I have read some angry ... and despairing and questioning comments here - about how they were treated unfairly or about how they are hoping for a decision reversal and how they'd love to be accepted back. If someone treats you badly, the fault is not yours - but the other persons, for treating you this way! All kind of people make this world. If someone wants to run a tight house, its his prerogative, and no one else can do anything about it. Fair or unfair, right or wrong - its all a point of view, anyway - if the owner wants to take decisions, its his decision. If someone doesn't like it - best to take a conscience vote and then decide whether one wants to continue visiting it or not. Nothing lasts for ever, anyway ...

    To some of you, the ban may matter, esp for those who may have had a lot of posts there, and I am really sorry about that. I understand the strong feelings and sentiments expressed here...but its time to move on...

    I personally would look at it a God-sent opportunity, to focus fully on Sysnative and build it up even further! A forum is made not by any URL or the hard work of one man, but by the collective inputs made by all its members. And your forum has it all - quality content, dedicated team and knowledgeable members with a strong inclination to help people.

    You have my respect. I truly wish you all, my very best! :)

    Regards,

    Anand Khanse
    Microsoft MVP
    www.TheWindowsClub.com.
    Laxer, Patrick, JaidynM and 12 others say thanks for this.

  16. #216
    Corrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    8,525

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    Thank you, Anand. Very well stated.

    (Note to all: some of that "quality content" referred to by Anand includes links to articles at TheWindowsClub!)
    Britton30 says thanks for this.


    Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

    Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
    May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

  17. #217
    jcgriff2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Jersey Shore
    Posts
    15,851
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        HP
      • Model Number:
        HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j130us Notebook - E8A04UA
      • Motherboard:
        HP Insyde 720265-501 6050A2549501-MB-A02
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz.
      • Memory:
        12GB DDR3L SDRAM (2 DIMM)
      • Graphics:
        Intel HD graphics 4600 with up to 1792MB total graphics memory
      • Sound Card:
        Beats Audio quad speakers and two subwoofers
      • Hard Drives:
        1TB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
      • Disk Drives:
        Hitachi 500 GB SSD; 7 TB USB External
      • Power Supply:
        90w
      • Case:
        Laptop
      • Display:
        17.3-inch diagonal HD+ BrightView LED-backlit touchscreen display (1600 x 900)
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8.1

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    Thank you, Anand. Very well stated.
    Absolutely agree.

    Thank you, Anand.

    John

    BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista ` ` `Carrona Driver Reference Table (DRT)
    https://www.sysnative.com/
    Sysnative Hex-Decimal-UNIX Date Conversion

    Has Sysnative Forums helped you?
    Please consider donating to help support the forum.
    Thank You!

    Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

  18. #218
    AKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in the Cosmos
    Posts
    32
    • specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Not OEM
      • Model Number:
        24/7 rig
      • Motherboard:
        P5Q PRO
      • CPU:
        Q9550 @ 3.5ghz
      • Memory:
        4Gb G.Skill
      • Graphics:
        ATI 4850
      • Hard Drives:
        C300, Seagate 1tb Raid 0, WD 2TB
      • Power Supply:
        TX 750
      • Case:
        Lancool K60
      • Cooling:
        Stock case Fans
      • Display:
        U2410 - 1920x1200
      • Operating System:
        7x64/8x64

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Borman View Post
    Seven Forums-
    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Persona non grata.
    Date the ban will be lifted: never.
    That's what you call being very nasty.
    No love, that's Latin. And apt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Borman View Post

    Well from reading the many posts on the web from other members who have been banned from Seven Forums for no real reason.


    No, there is always a reason. Just because it is not apparent, does not mean there is no reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Borman View Post

    Oh yes. I looked back on the website and saw that. Sorry,spelling mistake. I am probably thinking of Sean Penn,Madonna's ex husband,who was called Shawn and his name was spelled Sean.


    No, it has always been Sean. He was called Sean because his name is - Sean.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cayden View Post
    Its times like these where leadership must be usurped for the greater good of the whole.
    No. Griff does a good job running this place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
    In view of all this I wonder if Barefoot Kid, Ted, was banned also? His rep at SF disappeared shortly before he said he "was going on sabbatical" Brink responded to me he had no idea what happened nor where Ted was.
    No Gary, Ted's sabbatical was entirely his own choosing. He didn't switch sites etc - he simply dropped off the net for reasons only known to him.

    Quote Originally Posted by writhziden View Post

    I could not agree more, especially with the volunteers being treated as slaves.
    Mike, not once, on any site I have ever been a part of - have I felt like a slave.

    Despite my unpopularity here - those that know me know I am nobodies slave. Nobody ever 'tells' me what to do. If I alter my behaviour it is out of respect. I've had more post altering/deletions/warnings than all of you put together. Have I always been happy with it? No. Have I accepted it because of the greater good? Yes.

    As many know, I left SF after posting 11,000+ posts within eight months. I worked very hard there to help as many users as I possibly could on a daily basis, and I was easily dismissed, by my own request, when I felt unappreciated. That easy dismissal just goes to show how unappreciated I really was, so I know my decision was well warranted.
    And your help was appreciated - by the users you helped. By your own volition you admit that you left left because you felt unappreciated. Mike, It's not the admins job to pat you on the head. If you felt unappreciated - it's the users who failed to thank you that are at fault. Not the admins. It shouldn't be the job of admins of any site to continually thank you for doing a good job. You were appreciated - you were given the BSOD badge. Expecting the admins of any site to beg and plead for you to stay just isn't the done thing. I hate to say it my friend, but the decision being 'warranted' was not justified.

    I don't get 'pats on the head' - I'm lucky to get a thank you from a poster, never mind rep. But I don't blame the admins - I lay blame where it's deserved. On the ungrateful users.


    *
    I've mentioned before I can understand the ire at how some of you were dismissed. I truly do. Some of you have a valid reason to be angry. Some borderline and others - well... If it were a court I wouldn't expect to come out a winner.

    Ultimately SF is John F's site. He can do with it as he pleases. If removing some healthy tissue along with the cancer is what it takes to ensure longevity - then so be it. But the simple fact is - the patient will survive.
    aUser says thanks for this.

  19. #219
    Wrench97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    S.E. Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,586

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    And your help was appreciated - by the users you helped. By your own volition you admit that you left left because you felt unappreciated. Mike, It's not the admins job to pat you on the head. If you felt unappreciated - it's the users who failed to thank you that are at fault. Not the admins. It shouldn't be the job of admins of any site to continually thank you for doing a good job. You were appreciated - you were given the BSOD badge. Expecting the admins of any site to beg and plead for you to stay just isn't the done thing. I hate to say it my friend, but the decision being 'warranted' was not justified.
    Yes it is the the admins job to thank the regular posters, granted posters respond differently to different perks so to speak, Z3Zero buys some high end hardware to keep them happy, others he creates new badges, maybe he should have tried a simple thank you Pm(who knows maybe he does for some) bottom line if you keep the regular contributors happy they will continue to contribute, this is supposed to be enjoyment and R&R not drudgery.

    Ultimately SF is John F's site. He can do with it as he pleases. If removing some healthy tissue along with the cancer is what it takes to ensure longevity - then so be it. But the simple fact is - the patient will survive.
    That is absolutely correct Zero can and does as he pleases he has every right to, as for survival if you keep making people mad at you it'll come back and bite you in the behind someday, personally I'll work harder to make that day as soon as possible.........................
    writhziden, Kosh Vorlon, Ivan the SoSo and 1 others say thanks for this.

  20. #220
    FredeGail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    22

    Re: Banned from z3r010's sites

    I did not know it was that bad. Seeing old members being kicked out of the Sevenforums community hurts my flow. I usually had an idea that Sevenforums was a place full of nice people, talking nice to each other and being nice in general. And it is, I just don't know how it has come to this!
    For now I have quite a lot to do in real life, so I will have a little break just from everything.

    Best Regards.
    Frederik.
    Patrick says thanks for this.
    Member of the BSOD TEAM
    @Gail4feeds

Page 11 of 13 First ... 78910111213 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Google: Hacked sites far worse than attack sites
    By JMH in forum Security News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 05:32 AM

Log in

Log in