Hi! I realize I'm living on an older Windows system, but I'm hoping you can help out anyways. I have been trying to install Vista SP 1 for several years now. Every once in awhile I'll try and it errors out and I decide oh well, I don't really need it and go on with life. Well, my wireless router crapped out and the new one I bought needs SP1 to run... blah! So I've been screwing with it all weekend to no avail. I have tried everything I can find online and still not lucking out. The following highlight the major points, but certainly not everything I've tried:
1. Clean boot
2. rename software distribution folder
3. system update readiness tool
4. install SP1 via update tool (says installed after about 30 seconds, but not really there)
5. install SP1 directly (runs for about 15 minutes and then 800B0100 error)
6. stopped firewall
7. stopped antivirus
8. and it seems like about 16 other things but I can't remember them all right now.
I've attached my log files and am really hoping that someone can help me out. I can buy Windows 7 fairly inexpensively via my employer but it seems like I need SP1 installed to upgrade to that.