J jefferysnorman New member Joined Nov 22, 2013 Posts 1 Nov 22, 2013 #1 I have Windows 8 on a Lenovo T530. Windows updates stopped working several months ago. I have tried (repeatedly) running the Windows Update repair tool, which claims to have fixed database corruption, but it never works (Windows Update still not working). I have run DSIM which reports that there are "repairable" issues... but when I run DSIM with the /Restorehealth switch, it fails stating that sources cannot be found. I have tried inserting my Windows 8 install CD and using /sources:F:\sources\sfx but it still cannot find the sources (I clearly do not understand the sources flag, and there is precious little info on DSIM online). When I looked at my CBS log after running DSIM, I noticed a bunch of Ownership errors. Strange. I found this wonderful forum on a google search on DSIM with ownership errors! So it seems I am not alone. Looking over the posts, however, I cannot see any obvious way to fix these issues, so here I am... Here is what I have done in addition to trying DSIM based on the great advice I have seen on other posts: 1) sfc /scannow (copied CBS to cbs-version1.txt - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39296633/cbs-version1.txt) 2) sfcfix (copied logfile to sfcfix-follows-version1.txt) - reported 109 corruption errors and noted that not all could be automatically repaired - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39296633/SFCFix-follows-version1.txt 3) sfc /scannow )(copied new CBS to cbs-version2.txt) - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39296633/cbs-version2.txt 4) sfcfix (copied logfile to sfcfix-follows-version2.txt) - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39296633/SFCFix-follows-version2.txt All of the above logfiles are in my dropbox at the above locations. I do have a somewhat unusual disk layout, which I am concerned may be the source of these issues, so please be aware of this (all partitions created using Microsoft Windows tools during my clean install of windows 8, as reported by the Windows 8 disk manager; partitions listed in the order presented by Windows disk manager): Disk 1: 256MB ssd 300Mb recovery partition 99MB boot partition 237.96GB Windows boot NTFS (healthy) (Boot, Pagefile, Crash dump, primary partition) DRIVE C: Disk 2: 700GB hybrid drive 700GB NTFS partition (healthy) (primary partition) DRIVE E: Now, my User files (and in particular my dropbox replicated folder structure that allows me to work on multiple machines) is much larger than 256GB, so what I did was to use a "hard" link to link the directory "c:\users" to "e:\users" by creating an NTFS junction point. Since I am a linux junkie, this seemed like a great solution! It was a PIA however, due to the drive lettering changing once I made Disk 2 a junction point (on installation, windows wanted to relabel Disk 2 to Drive D and then my junction point failed ... showing that junction points are really not as robust as symlinks, but anyway I digress). So that is why I have Drive E instead of D (I had to boot to a recovery disk, and then force windows to label Disk 2 as Drive E so the junction point would not fail as lettering will not change). All of this has worked perfectly for 6 months or so until this summer. I may be completely unrelated to my issue, but always better to have full info!! Jeff P.S. I should clarify that I do not replicate my entire \users directory across multiple machines .. that way lies madness. I only replicate my document, work, and media files but these are well over 400GB!!