Due to the precise nature of your corruption, you will receive help from a user named Bruce1270. He's one of our senior trainees here who's in his final phase of his studies and needs to gain some real world experience in specific areas of Windows Update. This means that he'll be assisting you, but that I will first need to double check and approve his fixes before he posts them to you. If anything this is a good thing for you because it means that you've got at least two of us watching over your thread, but it will unfortunately add a slight delay between each reply. I hope that you understand and can accept the need for us to train up new members in this way in order to carry on doing what we do here, however, if for any reason you object to this setup, I will happily take on your thread myself.
Thank you very much for your understanding. We'll be with you very shortly.
My name is Bruce1270 and I shall be assisting you under the watchful eye of Softwaremaniac. Apologies for the delay.
First, I need to get a key from your registry. Please do the following
Step#1 - Export Component Based Servicing key
1. Click on the Start button and in the search box, type regedit
2. When you see regedit on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
3. When regedit opens, using the left pane, navigate to the following registry key and select it by clicking on it once.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing
4. Once selected, click File > Export....
5. Change the Save as type: to Registry Hive Files (*.*)
6. Name this file CompBS (with no file extension) and save it to your Desktop.
7. Upload to SendSpace and provide the link here.