It's my pleasure! :)
Thanks for uploading your COMPONENTS hive, I've managed to fix all of the corruption manually so all that's left to do now is to replace your current hive with this one.
Download this file please: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16537616/Fixes/COMPONENTS/mauriceblanchot/components.zip
Extract the contents to your Desktop
, there should be one file named components
Then navigate to C:\Windows\system32\config
And rename the file components
file on your Desktop
to this folder. Reboot and try updating again.
If, at any point, you are displayed an error saying the file is in use, or access denied, reboot and try again.
this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.
- Download SFCFix.exe (by niemiro) and save this to your Desktop.
- Download the file below, SFCFix.zip, and save this to your Desktop. Ensure that this file is named SFCFix.zip - do not rename it.
- Save any open documents and close all open windows.
- On your Desktop, you should see two files: SFCFix.exe and SFCFix.zip.
- Drag the file SFCFix.zip onto the file SFCFix.exe and release it.
- SFCFix will now process the script.
- Upon completion, a file should be created on your Desktop: SFCFix.txt.
- Copy (Ctrl + C) and Paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of this file into your next post for me to analyse please - put [CODE][/CODE] tags around the log to break up the text.
- Click on the Start
button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
- When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
- When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each
Wait for this to finish before you continue
copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log %userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt
- This will create a file, cbs.txt on your Desktop. Please attach this to your next post.
Then I would like you to re-run the System Update Readiness Tool and upload the log upon completion please: