[SOLVED] The Browser service failed to start due to the following error:

I come home and discover that my computer has crashed from sleep.
The Event View gives me several of these errors:

The Browser service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

All event id 7000 and 7009

I see another thread on here about the same error, but it warns that the fix is only for that specific system. @Maxstar

OTHER THREAD

My system version is 22H2

Thanks

Hi and welcome to Sysnative,

Download the
577bf0efb8088-FRST.png
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop:

Download the 64 bit version: - Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Link
  • Note: Your antivirus program may report FRST incorrectly as an infection. If so, disable the real-time protection when downloading and running FRST.
  • Right-click to run the tool as administrator. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Note: Ensure that the Addition.txt check box is checked at the bottom of the form within the Optional Scan area.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • Please wait for the tool to finish. It will produce two logfiles called FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same directory the tool is run from (which should be the desktop)
  • Post the logfiles FRST.txt and Addition.txt as attachment in your next reply.

Hi Maxstar,

I was able to figure it out. Apparently the SMB service was partially uninstalled. I was able to install and then fully uninstall it.

thanks,

Paul

Hi,

Glad to hear you managed to fix this issue. And yes, in most cases it's the SMB1 Protocol which is disabled and causing such issues.

I will mark this thread as solved...

Back