Hello and welcome to Sysnative,
I will need your CBS folder to look at please, and I would like you to run a tool for me. Please note, SURT applies to Windows 7 only. If you are using Windows 8, then just export the CBS folder for me please.
Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT)
Export CBS folder
- Download the System Update Readiness Tool from Microsoft --> here <-- Please save the tool to a convenient location as it may be necessary to run it again.
- After the download has completed, double-click the file and wait while it initializes.
- Click Yes to begin installation. Please note it may take some time to complete and may appear to stall whilst installing. Don't worry, this is perfectly normal behaviour. Also note, whilst I say "installing", it's actually running the tool and can therefore be "installed" (run) repeatedly.
- Click the Start button :startorb: then click Computer.
- Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
- Find and double click on the Logs folder.
- Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
- Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
- Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.
- Attach this new file to your next post.