I am migrating Server 2003 to Server 2012 R2 Standard...No exchange, Companyweb or SQL migration needed...It's basically just a file server with dhcp and DNS. There is a lot of information out there how to do this, much of it conflicting and over complicated since there is no exchange. Below is what I think is the correct procedure, I am just looking for someone to add in some of the detail
Can you elaborate on this:
- Join Server2012R2 to the domain - DONE
- Add AD to 2012R2 (Does this run ADprep for you?)
- Add DHCP, DNS to 2012R@ and configure
-Shut down DHCP on SBS2003
- Make 2012R2 a global catalog
- Promote 2012R2 to a DC (using DCpromo?)
- Transfer all data, shares, etc (I know how to do this)
- Transfer FSMO roles?? How?
- Shutdown SBS2003
Can anyone confirm and elaborate on a few of these procedures? Must I transfer FSMO? I am unclear of the purpose since the new server will already be a DC and master catalog....
If someone has access to this:
I would like to see it. I get access denied