Senior Administrator, Site Designer
- Jul 21, 2012
This is just a quick tip on how you can quickly restart Windows Explorer in Windows 7 and Vista.
- Click Start
- Whilst holding the Ctrl and Shift keys, right click on the arrow next to the Shut Down button.
- Click Exit Explorer
- Press Ctrl, Shift and Escape to launch Task Manager
- File --> New Task (Run...)
- Type explorer.exe and press Enter
- Download the below batch file - restart_explorer.bat and save it to a memorable location
- Double click the batch file to run it.
- Explorer will now exit. Wait a few seconds for it to disappear, and press any key to continue the batch file
- Explorer will now restart
118 bytes Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator: