Hello Carl, welcome to Sysnative!
I need a little more information about your system before we can start fixing things so if you could do the following for me then that would be great!
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and save this to your Desktop
What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
Run it by double clicking on the file. It can take anywhere from 5 minutes to several hours to complete, it depends on the extent of your problems, so if it appears to freeze at times please just persevere.
Export CBS folder
- Click the Start button
then click Computer.
- Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
- Find and double click on the Logs folder.
- Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
- Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
- Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.
Attach this file, CBS.zip
, to your next post please.