Administrator, BSOD Kernel Dump Expert, C++ OOP
- May 23, 2012
Prime95 Hardware Stress Testing Steps:
- Download Prime95.
- Navigate to where you saved the Prime95 files and unzip the files.
- Open Prime95 from the list, and then click Run in the dialog box if it opens.
- Click Just Stress Testing
- Run Small FFTs, In-place large FFTs, and Blend for a few hours each. Report back if CPU temperatures reach dangerous levels, if the system crashes, or if hardware errors are discovered by the diagnostics.
Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures.
- Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
- Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
- HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Last edited by a moderator: