I have been trying to solve some Windows problems for a week now and am hoping that someone here has some suggestions.
- Windows is slower than usual to go from login to desktop.
- After desktop loads, the desktop is blank. Wallpaper appears. Icons on the desktop do not appear until I refresh (F5).
- Start screen is completely unavailable, as are charms. Control panel does not provide access to start-screen-style controls (eg, add user account, refresh PC).
- Most system tray programs do not start. Onedrive starts, but not Dropbox.
- I can run programs using win-R. Win-X does not work.
- sfc /scannow finds corrupt files but cannot fix.
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth says source files could not be downloaded (error 0x800f0906)
I have attached:
- my DISM log file (note that it seems to be corrupted, as it is mostly filled with Asian characters).
- My SFCFix.txt file
- The contents of my command window, after running the sfc and dism commands
My zipped CBS log folder is too big to upload (13 MB) so here is a link to it in my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3i2nwwof84sya5/CBS.zip
I would greatly appreciate any help that people can offer. I have had hard drive problems in the past that led to corrupted files, but this doesn't seem like that since things don't seem to be getting worse. I don't think my problems are caused by a virus or malware, but don't know for certain. Thanks.