Hello Sculptress, welcome to Sysnative!
Your CheckSUR log reveals the problem:
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.0.6002.23186
Package Version 22.0
Checking Windows Servicing Packages
Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
Checking Package Watchlist
Checking Component Watchlist
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 Package_2_for_KB978542~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~188.8.131.52 failed to get Visibility
(f) CBS Registry Error 0x80070002 WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256 failed to get CurrentState
Checking Component Store
Seconds executed: 1413
Found 2 errors
CBS Registry Error Total count: 2
Checking CoreOS key for repairing corruptions.
Winner version: 6.0.6002.18592.
Processor architecture: x86.
Check key to be repaired: wcm://Microsoft-Windows-CoreOS?version=6.0.6002.18592&language=neutral&processorArchitecture=x86&publicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35&versionScope=nonSxS&scope=allUsers\metadata\elements\ComputerName
Recreated value: @_type.
Recreated value: @dataOnly.
Recreated value: @default.
Recreated value: @description.
Recreated value: @displayName.
Recreated value: @handler.
Recreated value: @legacyName.
Recreated value: @legacyType.
Recreated value: @migrate.
Recreated value: @scope.
Recreated value: @xsd:type.
This should fix it:
this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.
- Download SFCFix.exe (by niemiro) and save this to your Desktop.
- Download the attached file, SFCFix.txt, and save this to your Desktop. Ensure that this file is named SFCFix.txt - do not rename it.
- Save any open documents and close all open windows.
- On your Desktop, you should see two files: SFCFix.exe and SFCFix.txt.
- Drag the file SFCFix.txt onto the file SFCFix.exe and release it.
- SFCFix will now process the script.
- Upon completion, a log should be created on your Desktop: SFCFix.txt.
- Copy (Ctrl + C) and Paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of this into your next post for me to analyse please - put [CODE][/CODE] tags around the log to break up the text.
When this has finished, re-run the System Update Readiness Tool and post the log please: