Symptoms have been that upon going into sleep mode, screen goes dark, but sleep mode is not entered. The screen stays dark and I then need to force a shutdown and reboot. This has been happening for almost 1 month and what I have been doing is just shutting down rather than putting the system into sleep mode. I have attempted many, many ways to resolve using Windows and 3rd party software unsuccessfully. I have a Windbg file which I can attach if necessary. Power settings are on high performance never going to sleep. The following is information requested and I have attached file as instructed:
· OS - Windows 7 Home Premium
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Came pre-installed on the system
· Age of system (hardware) - Purchased in April of this year (2012)
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Have not re-installed and have not run recovery or gone back to previous point because of the large amounts of software I have installed since purchasing the system. Re-installing software would take large amounts of time and would like to avoid as much as possible
· CPU - 2.50 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2450M, 128 kilobyte primary memory cache, 512 kilobyte secondary memory cache, 3072 kilobyte tertiary memory cache, 64-bit ready, Multi-core (2 total), Hyper-threaded (4 total)
· Video Card - AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6630M [Display adapter], Intel(R) HD Graphics Family [Display adapter]
· MotherBoard - SONY Vaio
· Power Supply - brand & wattage - Not certain
· System Manufacturer - SONY
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) - SONY Vaio VPCSA43FX - C60A2ZLY
Also, for some reason, some software has not detected an Antivirus, including Action Center. Norton 360 is installed and fully functional.
Thank you very much for your assistance and good luck, as I have taken attempts as far as I can.