Cannot download KB4534310 for Windows 7 for x86-based Systems

Lumpy

I wanted to get back into Roblox and it wouldn't launch. it said I needed to download the latest security update (KB4534310). which I tried to do but then this error popped up.

1708678117376.png

I have not taken any steps alone. I have attached The .rar file that contains the CBS.log file and ComponentsScanner.txt file.
Please help me fix this issue

Hello and welcome,

I don't see any attachment. Please try again or use a file sharing site to upload the file there and provide the downloadlink.

No problem for the delay.

Follow the instructions below to run a scan with the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and provide a log.
  1. Download SURT for your system. (Windows 7 SP1 x64)
  2. Once downloaded, execute the installer, and go through the installation (this process can take around 15-20 minutes).
  3. On completion, a log will be created in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log.
  4. Attach this log to your next reply.
Alternatively, if these instructions are unclear for you, you can follow the tutorial below.
System Update Readiness Tool (SURT)

Thank you for the instructions.But my charger broke and i cant open my laptop. ill try to buy one and complete the steps you gave me.

I apologize for taking such a long time for a reply and thank you for not dropping my case. I downloaded the SURT for my system but I open it and a blue loading bar pops up and then it closes Immediately.
This is the link of the SURT for my system right? just to be sure
1710189553303.png

thanks for the quick reply but. we're back at square one the same error that started this thread happens to the SURT you linked1710199960138.png

Export registry as hive
  • Click on the Start button and in the search box, type regedit
  • When you see regedit on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
  • When regedit opens, using the left pane, navigate to the following registry key and select it by clicking on it once.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing

• Once selected, click File > Export....
  • Change the Save as type: to Registry Hive Files (*.*).
  • Name this file ComponentBasedServicing (with no file extension) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Right-click on the saved file and choose Send To -> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
  • Attach the .ZIP file to your next post.
  • If the file is too large to upload here, please upload to Gofile or WeTransfer and just provide the downloadlink here.

Okay the latest file is readable. Unfortunately the hive is missing a lot of keys and values.
Please provide the SOFTWARE hive for a final check if this is repairable or not.

Retrieve Software Hive
1. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Config and locate the SOFTWARE file.
2. Please copy this file to your desktop.
Note: If you receive an error that this file is in-use, try Option#2 below.
3. Right-click on this file on your desktop and select Send To...Compressed (zipped) folder. This will create a file named SOFTWARE.ZIP on your desktop.
4. Upload the zip file (SOFTWARE.zip) to your favourite file sharing website (it will be too big to upload here). Examples of services to upload to are Gofile or WeTransfer.
5. Note: Send the downloadlink in a private message as the SOFTWARE hive contains sensitive information!

Option#2 (only if you are unable to follow the previous instructions)

• Please download the Freeware RegBak from here: Acelogix Software - Download products
    You will find it at the bottom of the page that the link brings you to.
  • Go ahead and install this program and accept all the defaults. After the last install screen the program should open.
  • Click the New Backup button. Accept the defaults and simply click Start.
  • When it says Finished successfully, click the Close button.
  • This will bring you back to the main screen of the program. You will see one entry in this list with the date that you did it. Right-click on this line-item and select Explore Backup...
  • This will bring you into the folder where the backup was made. You should see a Users folder and a Windows folder along with a couple other files. Double-click on the Windows folder to open it. Then open the System32 folder and then config folder. You should see around 6 files in here, one of which is named SOFTWARE.
  • Copy the SOFTWARE file to your Desktop. If the SOFTWARE file does not exist, please fetch it instead from C:\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE.
  • Now right-click on the SOFTWARE file that is on your desktop and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
  • Then please upload the zip file (SOFTWARE.zip) to your favourite file sharing website (it will be too big to upload here). Examples of services to upload to are Gofile or WeTransfer.
  • Note: Send the downloadlink in a private message as the SOFTWARE hive contains sensitive information!
  • You can close any open windows you have as well as the RegBak program now.

I inspected the SOFTWARE hive. It appears just a few Windows Updates are installed despite Windows Update is set to download and install them.
Also, in you initial post you say this is a x86 machine but it looks like it is x64. Please explain this first before we continue.

"It appears just a few Windows Updates are installed despite Windows Update is set to download and install them" I don't quite understand what this means (what am I supposed to do)

and my machine is 64 bit which translates to x86 im pretty sure.1711061574654.png

And also this is what happens if I try to search for updates on my windows 7. I'm not sure if this is relevant or not1711061991594.png

All clear now. Perform following instructions only.

Install Update with DISM
  1. Download the attached ZIP file. Extract it to your desktop.
  2. Copy the extracted file windows6.1-kb2533552-x64.msu to a convenient location (such as C:\temp).
  3. Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
  4. When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
  5. When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

cd C:\temp

replace C:\temp with your path if different

expand windows6.1-kb2533552-x64.msu -f:* C:\temp

DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\temp\windows6.1-kb2533552-x64.cab

6. You should receive the message:
    The operation completed successfully.
    Make sure to allow the computer to restart if prompted.
  7. If you receive any other message:
    Post a screenshot of the Commandprompt window.
    Zip and attach the file C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

Attachments

• windows6.1-kb2533552-x64.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 1
Back