Blog Entries

vdrvroot.sys

This Windows driver is starting to show up frequently in the analysis results.
    Could it be a glitch?

Latest was in this topic: Frequent Clock Watchdog Timeout - Page 2 - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        Sony
      • Model Number:
        VPCF232FX/B
      • Motherboard:
        Sony Corporation VAIO
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
        8.00 GB Crucial CT2KIT51264BF1339 DDR3 1333
      • Graphics:
      • Sound Card:
        Realtek High Definition Audio/nVidia High Definition Audio
      • Hard Drives:
        TOSHIBA MK5061GSY 500 GB (465 GB actual)
      • Case:
        Laptop black matte case with backlit keyboard
      • Cooling:
        Air cooling via fan and heat exchanger heatsink
      • Display:
        Laptop display
      • Operating System:
        Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Re: vdrvroot.sys

Quote Originally Posted by usasma View Post
    This Windows driver is starting to show up frequently in the analysis results.
    Could it be a glitch?

Latest was in this topic: Frequent Clock Watchdog Timeout - Page 2 - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support
    I'm investigating. It seems to be correct in the dump.txt file, so it's probably something on my end. I'll let you know once I determine what is causing that driver to be missed in the driver list.

EDIT: I believe this may be related to the changes I made as a result of Issues with the DRT and BSOD Index

I am still investigating to see why that particular driver is being missed during my parse. Nothing jumps out at me as of yet.

EDIT2: I've identified the issue. There was a case of '}}' before the integer boolean describing whether it is a Windows driver or not. As a result, instead of identifying the driver preceding vdrvroot.sys, the parser included vdrvroot.sys as part of the previous driver's description.

EDIT3: It should now be fixed in the latest update. Let me know if you have any further issues.

▪ Sysnative BSOD Processing Apps 2.16.9
    Last edited by writhziden; 02-21-2016 at 12:41 AM.
    usasma says thanks for this.
    I am only a volunteer helping users on the forums. Please wait 72 hours before double posting or PMing for help. I appreciate your patience. :-}

Blog Entries

Re: vdrvroot.sys

Thanks Mike! I hope to get to try it in the next few days (family problems are preventing me from doing much right now).