Windows Update Failure error 80246007

Hi Aura, I am going to install windows 10, but not at this moment in time. I need to either get rid/clean out the corrupt files or do a clean install of windows 7. [nervous about that]

I've read that there's that many problems with Windows 10 and that there are a lot of patches and updates being downloaded at this moment in time.
After the fiasco I've had with IE 09 and installing and uninstalling it and in the end after hours of :banghead: it still doesn't work, I've had the same problem IE 10.

Patricia

It's still possible to upgrade to Windows 10 even if you have system files corruption. A lot of users here did that and it worked out well for them since these issues will dissapear on the upgrade. I don't know if you were waiting for these issues to be fixed before upgrading or not.

Hi Aura,
What do you recommend that I do. Should I install Windows 10?
My PC is healthy apart from these issues. I don't have any crashes or blue screens of death. no gurgles or groaning noises from the tower. The only problem I have is that certain apps don't work because of the corrupt files.

Do you think it would be a quicker and easier solution for my pc problems?

Patricia

It would be faster to either upgrade to Windows 10, or do a Repair Install of Windows (or even clean install) if we compare the time it would take for me to put together a fix.

Before we call it quit, I would like you to confirm me that you successfully upgraded to Windows 10. If you have issues during the installation process, I can assist you :)

Back