Windows 10 Release - Discussion

Yes, I just used that download instead, got my Windows 10 up and running, love it.

I imagine that you have the option to "Upgrade" from your current installation using the .iso, right?

Yep everything is the same as what it was before apart from Kaspersky, my shortcut went and I can't find the .exe, I believe there are issues with KIS and Windows 10 with compatibility.

Someone just contacted me with the same issue on Facebook. I cannot look into it right now since I'm working but I'll take a look when I have a downtime or when I get home tonight. It looks like a new error code too.

And AV-Comparatives list isn't up to date I guess since it lists KIS 2016, while the latest release of KIS 2015 is Windows 10 compatible. I wonder when they'll update it.

From what I've seen about that error, clear the SoftwareDistribution folder and then run wuauclt.exe /updatenow from an elevated command prompt

I recommend using the download from the official Microsoft website, it worked first time, after numerous WU failures.

No change for me - yet. Still at 8.1 this morning with only update being for WD.

From what I've seen about that error, clear the SoftwareDistribution folder and then run wuauclt.exe /updatenow from an elevated command prompt
But have you seen success with that? In the reports I've seen, the same error repeats. Since I still have the GWX icon and clicking it now has the "We recommend that you upgrade after you get your notification that Windows 10 is ready for your specific PC" message with "OK, notify me when ready" to click, I'll wait. That way, I'll see what happens in that scenario since I already have Windows 10 on another computer.

The "Update failed Code 800240020" issue is being addressed and an official response will be available for those seeing this error.

Woohoo. Clicked the notification icon and it said it was ready to install. Installed Windows 10. Took 17 minutes to get to the logon screen and another 8 minutes to go through the rest of the steps to the desktop. Doing the happy dance....

Can't be bothered to wait for the update, downloaded the media creation tool from Microsoft's website and upgrading now.

Lucky you :( I'm at 66% downloaded on my Desktop. Once it's downloaded on it, I'll launch it on my laptop.

While everyone is happy with the Windows 10 upgrade, I am stuck here without any kind of update notification. I really don't want to do a clean format :(

Back