Speedtest

:lol:

Nope, not for me anyway! Richard is fairly remote, but I'll let him tell you that! :) I'm not actually remote, I live in the middle of a housing estate. The exchange near me is currently "Accepting Orders" for fibre broadband according to the availability checker. If I lived off the main road a bit, they could fibre me. But because I am on the main road, they can't dig it up to put fibre in. I'm too far to get FTTC as well, although I'm still trying to work that out, because my grandparents are a similar distance away from their cabinet, but can get fibre.

But anyway, I'm changing away from EE to Sky for my broadband in the coming month - they had a great 12 months free offer going on. We've been fed up with the service of EE anyway.

Hopefully when the Sky router arrives (you have to use their own according to the T&C's, but it's not too shabby), we'll be changing around some wiring and stuff to hopefully get a speed increase. We'll see, fingers crossed.

Richard - I got a similar email from EE about a month ago. Download speed never changed, but upload went from 0.36 -> ~0.75mb/s. Fingers crossed yours will get a tad better!

niemiro & Tekno,

Where are you two fine gentlemen from? It sounds like the middle of the friggin' alps to me :p

Me? lol, I'm about 30 miles into the London green belt. I mean literally in the middle of nowhere. Not.

:p

niemiro & Tekno,

Where are you two fine gentlemen from? It sounds like the middle of the friggin' alps to me :p

Somewhere in the UK, I'd imagine. Tekno's gives it away :-)

Places like Colorado and such still don't have anything other than DSL, I don't think. It just depends on location and the different monopolized ISP's in your area.

Haha. I guess I should be thankful for where I live. Our entire city, including the out skirts has Fiber installed. I would know, I helped run the cables for it. :)

London area?! I have a lot of friends who live in that area! :)

I'm about 1 block from the Atlantic Ocean in New Jersey. Give me GPS coordinates & I'll run a Trans-Atlantic cable to the UK for you!! :grin1:

I think our internet upgrade went through! It's still within the stabalisation period, and to be honest is running pretty unreliably at the moment, but time I can give it, and I saw a peak I've never seen before: I hit 1.4MB/s!!!!

One of my mates at Oxford just posted his Speedtest results, pretty impressive!

1452096_703101823033696_614926962_n.jpg

There's one more thing to look forward to when you get in, Richard!

Mine at school:

Not too impressive but, it is on wifi and during the middle of the day with likely heavy network traffic.

I'm really happy actually! The promised line upgrade did occur, and now pretty much out of the stabilisation period we have a really good internet connection. OK, it's nothing compared to many people's here, but for me it's unbelievably fast!

3152042338.png

That's quite possibly faster than my connection at home now! F- to F+, you're going up in the world :p

I know lol! I might end up crashing Sysnative with this huge extra volume of traffic! Oh, wait, probably not..... :p

Well, finally, after a week of no internet connection at all, I finally have internet again!! :D

Speed seems slightly slower than before, but right now, I don't really mind.

Back