Desperately need help

DR M

Sysnative Staff, Security Analyst
Staff member
Hi, Sysnative friends.

I desperately need help, since my computer (Lenovo Legion died! Only the power button gives a life sign. Nothing else. No sound at all, black screen. I can't go to the recovery. I can't start from a USB drive. Everything looks dead. I bought it in June 2022. One and a half year. What do you think is the cause?

Hi,

I suppose this is an Lenovo Legion laptop? If so please remove the battery first and try to boot with the AC-adapter only to see what happens then.

I have no idea where the buttery is. There are plenty of screws at the back, but it is a really very different laptop than any other I had/saw.

What type of Lenovo Laptop it is, IdeaPad, ThinkPad, Legion 5 > version?

I mean the complete type-number like:

Lenovo Legion Slim 7 16IRH8 82Y30068MH
Lenovo Legion Pro 7 16IRX8H 82WQ006FMH

Edit:

See also the video below how to remove the back cover of a similar laptop.

Last edited:
It's not the same laptop. I'll try to find out the model and be back. But I can't open it since it is too tight and I have issues with my hand. :(

I think it's this one, but no way to open it so easy as in the video:

I used the guitar pick to do that once. Now I can't.

What do you suspect it is? The computer is still under warranty, but I scare in the idea to leave it there for the holidays.

I put on the screws (except one which insisted not getting in its place) and power on the computer. It opened this time. Something is wrong with the battery since it doesn't appear to have a charge. I'll leave it on the power for a while and see what happens.

I suspected a battery issue, but maybe not the battery itself but a motherboard issue since it is not charging?

If a machine is still under warranty, then all its components should be covered (at least that's the case here in the UK). However, the fact that you've opened your machine may invalidate its warranty, so do not mention that you have done so (it would have been better if you hadn't, since many manufacturers will check for signs of "tampering" before performing any repairs or replacements).

Like Gary said, if the machine is under warranty then I would suggest just sending it back, while there is no warranty seal, if they do see any signs of tampering then they may deem your warranty as void, thereby charging you for any repairs which they may have to do.

If it were a dead battery, then the power should still go to the motherboard itself, at least that was the case with an old laptop I have which doesn't work while not on the AC. Do you have any charger which you can use? I doubt that is the issue but always worth ruling it out, otherwise the issue is probably with the motherboard which should be covered by your warranty.

It seems you're dealing with issues for some time with this laptop, or is that another machine in your previous thread?

I would definitely return this laptop in RMA to Lenovo or your local shop. Considering all the issues, it's likely a problem with the motherboard.

So far so good. Unfortunately, I will stay for a long time without a computer if I take it to the store service, so ... fingers crossed!

Back