Can't install bluetooth driver (Registry database is corrupt)

Smoldeck

Hello. I've bought a bluetooth dongle a couple months ago, which i had to download the drivers for and have installed separately through a link provided to me. it worked fine until some days ago, when i had to uninstall it because it wouldn't connect to my earbuds anymore. However, when i tried to find the same drivers again, i just couldn't, as it had no brand name at all on it ( now i know it is 'essager'). I tried installing any 5.1 bluetooth drivers i could find, and that might broke something. Now that i found the drivers that are meant to be installed again, they can't be. I've already tried SFC scan, DISM, deleting the driver (Rtkfilter.inf) from the system32/drivers, i've tried the command puputil to install it manually, but nothing helped it. I tried resetting my computer keeping the files, but to my surprise, i couldn't do that either. So until i get some bootable usb in the near future so that i can wipe it clean, i'd like to know if there's an easier solution. Thank you in advance!

What messages did you receive from DISM and SFC?

Please download and run Speccy.

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot dialog box. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

It was taking more than 20min, so i closed the process like it said on the instructions number 3. Sorry for the delay to answer.

Attachments

• SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
You might want to upload your setupapi.dev.log along with your DRIVERS hive. You mentioned in your thread title about registry database is corrupt so that is most likely that the hive has been corrupted.

Ok. so there were several of these logs, i've put them all in INF.zip. And about the drivers hive, i think i was supposed to get the drivers file in "%systemroot%\system32\config"? I've put that in DRIVERS.zip

Attachments

• DRIVERS.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • inf.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Okay, it seems like there is multiple issues with your DRIVERS hive, one of which is multiple keys sharing the same "location" within your hive. Do you have a recent backup which you can revert to?

Not particularly, there would be a significant amount of manual work required in order to even get the hive loading. The quickest and most practical solution would be to restore from a backup or use the most recent system restore point.

Attachments

• DRIVERS.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 2
Back