Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
  1. #1

    [7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    I had to do a fresh install since my last fix (thanks!) and am having the same issues. The Monthly Quality Rollups will not install, terminating with Code 8000FFFF. Thanks for the assistance!


    • Ad Bot

      advertising
      Beep.

        
       

  2. #2
    Moderator
    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Windows Update Instructor
    softwaremaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,223
    • specs System Specs
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS MAXIMUS ROG HERO X
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz
      • Memory:
        Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2666 MHz
      • Graphics:
        Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8 GB
      • Sound Card:
        Asus Xonar DSX
      • Hard Drives:
        WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III 7200rpm, WD Caviar Black 6TB SATA III 7200rpm
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 960 Evo 256GB NVME PCIe
      • Power Supply:
        Corsair HX 750W 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
        Fractal Design Define R6
      • Cooling:
        Noctua NH-D14
      • Display:
        Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K 3840x2160
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Hello again :) Please provide necessary info: Windows Update Forum Posting Instructions

    I'll be with you shortly.

  3. #3

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Quote Originally Posted by softwaremaniac View Post
    Hello again :) Please provide necessary info: Windows Update Forum Posting Instructions

    I'll be with you shortly.
    Yes of course, forgot the protocol! See the attached SFCFix.txt and a link to the CBS.zip
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/5qn78r
    SFCFix.txt

  4. #4
    Moderator
    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Windows Update Instructor
    softwaremaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,223
    • specs System Specs
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS MAXIMUS ROG HERO X
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz
      • Memory:
        Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2666 MHz
      • Graphics:
        Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8 GB
      • Sound Card:
        Asus Xonar DSX
      • Hard Drives:
        WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III 7200rpm, WD Caviar Black 6TB SATA III 7200rpm
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 960 Evo 256GB NVME PCIe
      • Power Supply:
        Corsair HX 750W 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
        Fractal Design Define R6
      • Cooling:
        Noctua NH-D14
      • Display:
        Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K 3840x2160
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Retrieve Components Hive
    1. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Config and locate the COMPONENTS file.
    2. Please copy this file to your desktop.
    Note: If you receive an error that this file is in-use, simply reboot your computer and try again.
    3. Right-click on this file on your desktop and select Send To...Compressed (zipped) folder. This will create a file named COMPONENTS.ZIP on your desktop.
    4. The file will likely be too large to upload here so please upload toa file sharing service and just provide the link here.

  5. #5

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Quote Originally Posted by softwaremaniac View Post
    Retrieve Components Hive
    1. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Config and locate the COMPONENTS file.
    2. Please copy this file to your desktop.
    Note: If you receive an error that this file is in-use, simply reboot your computer and try again.
    3. Right-click on this file on your desktop and select Send To...Compressed (zipped) folder. This will create a file named COMPONENTS.ZIP on your desktop.
    4. The file will likely be too large to upload here so please upload toa file sharing service and just provide the link here.
    Here we are:
    Download components.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

  6. #6
    Moderator
    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Windows Update Instructor
    softwaremaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,223
    • specs System Specs
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS MAXIMUS ROG HERO X
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz
      • Memory:
        Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2666 MHz
      • Graphics:
        Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8 GB
      • Sound Card:
        Asus Xonar DSX
      • Hard Drives:
        WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III 7200rpm, WD Caviar Black 6TB SATA III 7200rpm
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 960 Evo 256GB NVME PCIe
      • Power Supply:
        Corsair HX 750W 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
        Fractal Design Define R6
      • Cooling:
        Noctua NH-D14
      • Display:
        Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K 3840x2160
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Install Update with DISM


    1. Download the update MSU here:
      http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...f0a09dc455.msu
    2. Copy the MSU file to a convenient location (such as C:\temp).
    3. Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
    4. When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
    5. When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

      cd C:\temp

      replace C:\temp with your path if different

      expand {update name}.msu -f:* C:\temp

      replace {update name} with the name of the MSU file downloaded in step 1

      DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\temp\{update name}.cab
    6. You should receive the message:
      The operation completed successfully.
      Restart Windows to complete this operation.
      Do you want to restart the computer now (Y/N)?
    7. Make sure to allow the computer to restart if prompted.

      If you receive any other message:
    8. Right-click on the Command Prompt window and click Select All, this will invert all of the colours by selecting the text, now press enter. All of this text is now copied.
    9. Paste (Ctrl+V) it into your next post.
    10. Zip and attach C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

  7. #7

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Quote Originally Posted by softwaremaniac View Post
    Install Update with DISM


    1. Download the update MSU here:
      http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...f0a09dc455.msu
    2. Copy the MSU file to a convenient location (such as C:\temp).
    3. Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
    4. When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
    5. When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

      cd C:\temp

      replace C:\temp with your path if different

      expand {update name}.msu -f:* C:\temp

      replace {update name} with the name of the MSU file downloaded in step 1

      DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\temp\{update name}.cab
    6. You should receive the message:
      The operation completed successfully.
      Restart Windows to complete this operation.
      Do you want to restart the computer now (Y/N)?
    7. Make sure to allow the computer to restart if prompted.

      If you receive any other message:
    8. Right-click on the Command Prompt window and click Select All, this will invert all of the colours by selecting the text, now press enter. All of this text is now copied.
    9. Paste (Ctrl+V) it into your next post.
    10. Zip and attach C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
    I got an error in the process. I've attached the CBS.zip and the DISM error from the Command Prompt
    CBS.zip
    DISM error.txt

  8. #8
    Moderator
    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Windows Update Instructor
    softwaremaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,223
    • specs System Specs
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS MAXIMUS ROG HERO X
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz
      • Memory:
        Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2666 MHz
      • Graphics:
        Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8 GB
      • Sound Card:
        Asus Xonar DSX
      • Hard Drives:
        WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III 7200rpm, WD Caviar Black 6TB SATA III 7200rpm
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 960 Evo 256GB NVME PCIe
      • Power Supply:
        Corsair HX 750W 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
        Fractal Design Define R6
      • Cooling:
        Noctua NH-D14
      • Display:
        Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K 3840x2160
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Let me just check with you. Are you willing to try upgrading to Windows 10?

  9. #9

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Quote Originally Posted by softwaremaniac View Post
    Let me just check with you. Are you willing to try upgrading to Windows 10?
    No certainly not, I want to stay on Windows 7.

  10. #10
    Moderator
    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Windows Update Instructor
    softwaremaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,223
    • specs System Specs
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS MAXIMUS ROG HERO X
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz
      • Memory:
        Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2666 MHz
      • Graphics:
        Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8 GB
      • Sound Card:
        Asus Xonar DSX
      • Hard Drives:
        WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III 7200rpm, WD Caviar Black 6TB SATA III 7200rpm
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 960 Evo 256GB NVME PCIe
      • Power Supply:
        Corsair HX 750W 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
        Fractal Design Define R6
      • Cooling:
        Noctua NH-D14
      • Display:
        Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K 3840x2160
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    What happened that made you do a fresh install?

  11. #11

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Quote Originally Posted by softwaremaniac View Post
    What happened that made you do a fresh install?
    Got a Ryzen chip and board, my existing installation wouldn't function properly.

  12. #12
    Moderator
    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Windows Update Instructor
    softwaremaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,223
    • specs System Specs
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS MAXIMUS ROG HERO X
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz
      • Memory:
        Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2666 MHz
      • Graphics:
        Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8 GB
      • Sound Card:
        Asus Xonar DSX
      • Hard Drives:
        WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III 7200rpm, WD Caviar Black 6TB SATA III 7200rpm
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 960 Evo 256GB NVME PCIe
      • Power Supply:
        Corsair HX 750W 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
        Fractal Design Define R6
      • Cooling:
        Noctua NH-D14
      • Display:
        Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K 3840x2160
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Okay, are you running the latest drivers? If not, please update them.

  13. #13

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Quote Originally Posted by softwaremaniac View Post
    Okay, are you running the latest drivers? If not, please update them.
    Yes everything is up to date. What does this error mean? I feel like this is a Windows issue, not a driver issue though. Everything on the consumer side has been done that can be, that's why I came here!

  14. #14
    Moderator
    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Windows Update Instructor
    softwaremaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,223
    • specs System Specs
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS MAXIMUS ROG HERO X
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz
      • Memory:
        Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2666 MHz
      • Graphics:
        Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8 GB
      • Sound Card:
        Asus Xonar DSX
      • Hard Drives:
        WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III 7200rpm, WD Caviar Black 6TB SATA III 7200rpm
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 960 Evo 256GB NVME PCIe
      • Power Supply:
        Corsair HX 750W 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
        Fractal Design Define R6
      • Cooling:
        Noctua NH-D14
      • Display:
        Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K 3840x2160
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Step#1 - FRST Scan

    1. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
    Note: You need to run the 64-bit Version so please ensure you download that one.
    2. Right click to run as administrator. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    3. Please ensure you place a check mark in the Addition.txt check box at the bottom of the form before running (if not already).
    4. Press Scan button.
    5. It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from (which should now be the desktop)
    6. Please attach the log back here.
    7. Another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST64.exe) will be generated Please also attach that along with the FRST.txt in your reply.

  15. #15

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Quote Originally Posted by softwaremaniac View Post
    Step#1 - FRST Scan

    1. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
    Note: You need to run the 64-bit Version so please ensure you download that one.
    2. Right click to run as administrator. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    3. Please ensure you place a check mark in the Addition.txt check box at the bottom of the form before running (if not already).
    4. Press Scan button.
    5. It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from (which should now be the desktop)
    6. Please attach the log back here.
    7. Another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST64.exe) will be generated Please also attach that along with the FRST.txt in your reply.
    Thank you so much for the help! Here are the 2 files requested.
    Addition.txt
    FRST.txt

  16. #16
    Moderator
    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Windows Update Instructor
    softwaremaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,223
    • specs System Specs
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS MAXIMUS ROG HERO X
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz
      • Memory:
        Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2666 MHz
      • Graphics:
        Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8 GB
      • Sound Card:
        Asus Xonar DSX
      • Hard Drives:
        WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III 7200rpm, WD Caviar Black 6TB SATA III 7200rpm
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 960 Evo 256GB NVME PCIe
      • Power Supply:
        Corsair HX 750W 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
        Fractal Design Define R6
      • Cooling:
        Noctua NH-D14
      • Display:
        Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K 3840x2160
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    In your report, I have noticed that a software for illegal activation is present. Before we move on, please remove any traces of pirated software from your machine.
    Thank you.

  17. #17

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Quote Originally Posted by softwaremaniac View Post
    In your report, I have noticed that a software for illegal activation is present. Before we move on, please remove any traces of pirated software from your machine.
    Thank you.
    done
    Addition2.txt
    FRST2.txt

  18. #18
    Administrator
    Windows Update Instructor
    Security Analyst

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    17,349

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    OP didn't fully comply with previous request.

  19. #19
    Administrator
    Windows Update Instructor
    Security Analyst

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    17,349

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    OP has returned.

  20. #20
    Moderator
    BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst
    Windows Update Instructor
    softwaremaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,223
    • specs System Specs
      • Motherboard:
        ASUS MAXIMUS ROG HERO X
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz
      • Memory:
        Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2666 MHz
      • Graphics:
        Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8 GB
      • Sound Card:
        Asus Xonar DSX
      • Hard Drives:
        WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III 7200rpm, WD Caviar Black 6TB SATA III 7200rpm
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 960 Evo 256GB NVME PCIe
      • Power Supply:
        Corsair HX 750W 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
        Fractal Design Define R6
      • Cooling:
        Noctua NH-D14
      • Display:
        Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K 3840x2160
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't install any Monthly Quality Rollups (AGAIN)

    Hello again! Please do a fresh scan to check whether there's anything left you need to remove.

    Step#1 - FRST Scan

    1. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
    Note: You need to run the 64-bit Version so please ensure you download that one.
    2. Right click to run as administrator. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    3. Please ensure you place a check mark in the Addition.txt check box at the bottom of the form before running (if not already).
    4. Press Scan button.
    5. It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from (which should now be the desktop)
    6. Please attach the log back here.
    7. Another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST64.exe) will be generated Please also attach that along with the FRST.txt in your reply.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-15-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-06-2017, 06:39 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-19-2017, 11:57 AM

Log in

Log in