Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073701

    Hi, i can't install updates KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681 on my windows 7 Professional SP1, got error 80073701.

    SFCFix log:
    SFCFix.txt


    This is the link for the CBS.zip



    Thanks in advance for your help.


    • Ad Bot

      advertising
      Beep.

        
       

  2. #2
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Code:
       CBS & SFC total detected corruption count:     614
    Let's try this:

    System Update Readiness Tool (SURT)

    Download and run the System Update Readiness Tool for your version of Windows here: System Update Readiness Tool

    NOTE: If you aren't sure if your Windows installation is 32-bit or 64-bit, check here: How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system

    This tool will take some time to complete - when it has finished, attach C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log with your reply.
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  3. #3

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    Code:
       CBS & SFC total detected corruption count:     614
    Let's try this:

    System Update Readiness Tool (SURT)

    Download and run the System Update Readiness Tool for your version of Windows here: System Update Readiness Tool

    NOTE: If you aren't sure if your Windows installation is 32-bit or 64-bit, check here: How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system

    This tool will take some time to complete - when it has finished, attach C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log with your reply.
    CheckSUR log file:
    CheckSUR.log

  4. #4
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Code:
    Summary:
    Seconds executed: 660
     Found 638 errors
     Fixed 638 errors
      CSI F Mark Missing Total count: 638
      Fixed: CSI F Mark Missing.  Total count: 638
    Looks like the detected errors have been repaired.

    Please run SURT again, and when it completes attach C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log with your reply.
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  5. #5

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    Code:
    Summary:
    Seconds executed: 660
     Found 638 errors
     Fixed 638 errors
      CSI F Mark Missing Total count: 638
      Fixed: CSI F Mark Missing.  Total count: 638
    Looks like the detected errors have been repaired.

    Please run SURT again, and when it completes attach C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log with your reply.
    CheckSUR log file:
    CheckSUR.log

  6. #6
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Great, the log looks good :)

    Now let's check with SFC.

    SFC Scan

    1. Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
    2. When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
    3. When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

      sfc /scannow

      Wait for this to finish before you continue

      copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log %userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt

    4. This will create a file, cbs.txt on your Desktop. Please zip and attach this to your next post.
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  7. #7

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    Great, the log looks good :)

    Now let's check with SFC.

    SFC Scan

    1. Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
    2. When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
    3. When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

      sfc /scannow

      Wait for this to finish before you continue

      copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log %userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt
    4. This will create a file, cbs.txt on your Desktop. Please zip and attach this to your next post.
    CBS file:
    cbs.rar

  8. #8
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    The log appears to be incomplete, but go ahead and check for Windows Updates and choose one to install.
    If the update fails, zip and attach C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log with your reply.
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  9. #9

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    The log appears to be incomplete, but go ahead and check for Windows Updates and choose one to install.
    If the update fails, zip and attach C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log with your reply.
    I tried KB4041681 and failed:
    [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073701-921rluoytcscdnqzhb-lnw-png
    CBS Log file:
    CBS.zip

  10. #10
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Code:
    2017-10-30 22:10:02, Error                 CSI    0000015f (F) STATUS_SXS_ASSEMBLY_MISSING #3350322# from CCSDirectTransaction::OperateEnding at index 0 of 1 operations, disposition 2[gle=0xd015000c]
    2017-10-30 22:10:02, Error                 CSI    00000160 (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_SXS_ASSEMBLY_MISSING) #3350207# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction::ICSITransaction_PinDeployment(Flags = 0, a = 9fc5e7a7acccecc4f4a37b68de2832c3, Version = 6.1.7601.23807, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, cb = (null), s = (null), rid = [81]"Package_104_for_KB4022719~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.6.4022719-303_neutral_LDR", rah = [2]"17", manpath = (null), catpath = (null), ed = 0, disp = 0)[gle=0x80073701]
    2017-10-30 22:10:02, Info                  CBS    Failed to pin deployment while resolving Update: 4022719-303_neutral_LDR from file: (null) [HRESULT = 0x80073701 - ERROR_SXS_ASSEMBLY_MISSING]
    2017-10-30 22:10:02, Info                  CBS    Failed to resolve item[0] in Package: Package_104_for_KB4022719~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.6, Update: 4022719-303_neutral_LDR [HRESULT = 0x80073701 - ERROR_SXS_ASSEMBLY_MISSING]
    2017-10-30 22:10:02, Info                  CBS    Failed to resolve execution update. [HRESULT = 0x80073701 - ERROR_SXS_ASSEMBLY_MISSING]
    2017-10-30 22:10:02, Error                 CBS    Failed to resolve execution package: Package_104_for_KB4022719~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.6 [HRESULT = 0x80073701 - ERROR_SXS_ASSEMBLY_MISSING]
    Install Update with DISM

    1. Download the update MSU here: http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/...eda59461bb.msu
    2. Copy the MSU file to a convenient location (such as C:\temp).
    3. Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
    4. When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
    5. When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

      cd C:\temp

      replace C:\temp with your path if different

      expand windows6.1-kb4022719-x64_127dc7228b2d9278db81121a92471feda59461bb.msu -f:* C:\temp

      DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\temp\windows6.1-kb4022719-x64.cab

    6. You should receive the message:
      The operation completed successfully.
      Restart Windows to complete this operation.
      Do you want to restart the computer now (Y/N)?

    7. Make sure to allow the computer to restart if prompted.

      If you receive any other message:
    8. Right-click on the Command Prompt window and click Select All, this will invert all of the colours by selecting the text, now press enter. All of this text is now copied.
    9. Paste (Ctrl+V) it into your next post.
    10. Zip and attach C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  11. #11

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    This error comes out of me:



    [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073701-1xvgj8wyrssmoydwssfdyg-png

  12. #12
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    rename windows6.1-kb4022719-x64_127dc7228b2d9278db81121a92471feda59461bb.msu to windows6.1-kb4022719-x64.msu, then type the following command (instead of copying and pasting)

    Code:
    expand windows6.1-kb4022719-x64.msu -f:* C:\temp
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  13. #13

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Same error:
    [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073701-to5hqo3gqocnsug-slwtkq-png

  14. #14
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    The option may be different for your locale.

    Let's skip that step and use the cab I have extracted here: Download Windows6.1-KB4022719-x64.cab from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

    Once downloaded, move the cab to C:\temp then use the DISM command from post #10

    Code:
    DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\temp\windows6.1-kb4022719-x64.cab
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  15. #15

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    The option may be different for your locale.

    Let's skip that step and use the cab I have extracted here: Download Windows6.1-KB4022719-x64.cab from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

    Once downloaded, move the cab to C:\temp then use the DISM command from post #10

    Code:
    DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\temp\windows6.1-kb4022719-x64.cab
    Code:
    Microsoft Windows [Versione 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti riservati.
    
    C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\temp
    
    C:\Temp>DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\temp\windows6.1-kb4022719-
    x64.cab
    
    Strumento Gestione e manutenzione immagini distribuzione
    Versione: 6.1.7600.16385
    
    Versione immagine: 6.1.7601.18489
    
    Elaborazione di 1 di 1 - Aggiunta del pacchetto Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad
    364e35~amd64~~7601.23833.1.6
    [===========                19.6%                          ]
    Si  verificato un errore - Package_for_RollupFix Errore: 0x80073712
    
    Errore: 14098
    
    Archivio componenti danneggiato.
    
    Il file di registro di Gestione e manutenzione immagini
    distribuzione  disponibile in C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    
    C:\Temp>
    CBS Log file:
    CBS3.zip

  16. #16
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Code:
    2017-11-02 00:03:37, Info                  CBS    Exec: Resolving Package: Package_104_for_KB4022719~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.6, Update: 4022719-303_neutral_LDR, PinDeployment: amd64_9fc5e7a7acccecc4f4a37b68de2832c3_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.23807_none_d51665a4543806b5
    2017-11-02 00:03:37, Info                  CSI    00000014 Performing 1 operations; 1 are not lock/unlock and follow:
      AddCat (14): flags: 0 catfile: @0x6a320d8
    2017-11-02 00:03:38, Info                  CSI    00000015 Performing 1 operations; 1 are not lock/unlock and follow:
      Stage (1): flags: 8 app: [9fc5e7a7acccecc4f4a37b68de2832c3, Version = 6.1.7601.23807, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral]) comp: (null) man: @0x6a313e8
    2017-11-02 00:03:38, Error                 CSI    00000016@2017/11/1:23:03:38.946 (F) d:\w7rtm\base\wcp\componentstore\storelayout.cpp(11690): Store corruption detected in function ComponentStore::CRawStoreLayout::CheckFamilyIndexForDeadWinnerComponent expression: (null)
      MissingWinningComponentKey on resource [92]"amd64_9fc5e7a7acccecc4f4a37b68de2832c3_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.23807_none_d51665a4543806b5"[gle=0x80004005]
    SFCFix Script

    Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

    1. Download SFCFix.exe (by niemiro) and save this to your Desktop.
    2. Download the file below, SFCFix.zip, and save this to your Desktop. Ensure that this file is named SFCFix.zip - do not rename it.
    3. Save any open documents and close all open windows.
    4. On your Desktop, you should see two files: SFCFix.exe and SFCFix.zip.
    5. Drag the file SFCFix.zip onto the file SFCFix.exe and release it.
    6. SFCFix will now process the script.
    7. Upon completion, a file should be created on your Desktop: SFCFix.txt.
    8. Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of this file into your next post for me to analyse please - put [CODE][/CODE] tags around the log to break up the text.

    SFCFix.zip

    Once complete, run the System Update Readiness Tool again and attach C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log with your reply when it has finished.
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  17. #17

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    Code:
    2017-11-02 00:03:37, Info                  CBS    Exec: Resolving Package: Package_104_for_KB4022719~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.6, Update: 4022719-303_neutral_LDR, PinDeployment: amd64_9fc5e7a7acccecc4f4a37b68de2832c3_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.23807_none_d51665a4543806b5
    2017-11-02 00:03:37, Info                  CSI    00000014 Performing 1 operations; 1 are not lock/unlock and follow:
      AddCat (14): flags: 0 catfile: @0x6a320d8
    2017-11-02 00:03:38, Info                  CSI    00000015 Performing 1 operations; 1 are not lock/unlock and follow:
      Stage (1): flags: 8 app: [9fc5e7a7acccecc4f4a37b68de2832c3, Version = 6.1.7601.23807, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral]) comp: (null) man: @0x6a313e8
    2017-11-02 00:03:38, Error                 CSI    00000016@2017/11/1:23:03:38.946 (F) d:\w7rtm\base\wcp\componentstore\storelayout.cpp(11690): Store corruption detected in function ComponentStore::CRawStoreLayout::CheckFamilyIndexForDeadWinnerComponent expression: (null)
      MissingWinningComponentKey on resource [92]"amd64_9fc5e7a7acccecc4f4a37b68de2832c3_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.23807_none_d51665a4543806b5"[gle=0x80004005]
    SFCFix Script

    Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

    1. Download SFCFix.exe (by niemiro) and save this to your Desktop.
    2. Download the file below, SFCFix.zip, and save this to your Desktop. Ensure that this file is named SFCFix.zip - do not rename it.
    3. Save any open documents and close all open windows.
    4. On your Desktop, you should see two files: SFCFix.exe and SFCFix.zip.
    5. Drag the file SFCFix.zip onto the file SFCFix.exe and release it.
    6. SFCFix will now process the script.
    7. Upon completion, a file should be created on your Desktop: SFCFix.txt.
    8. Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of this file into your next post for me to analyse please - put [CODE][/CODE] tags around the log to break up the text.

    SFCFix.zip

    Once complete, run the System Update Readiness Tool again and attach C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log with your reply when it has finished.
    Code:
    SFCFix version 3.0.0.0 by niemiro.
    Start time: 2017-11-03 18:31:28.833
    Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 - amd64
    Using .zip script file at C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\SFCFix.zip [0]
    
    
    
    
    RegistryScript::
    Successfully took ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components.
    
    Successfully imported registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components\amd64_9fc5e7a7acccecc4f4a37b68de2832c3_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.23807_none_d51665a4543806b5.
    
    Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components\amd64_9fc5e7a7acccecc4f4a37b68de2832c3_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.23807_none_d51665a4543806b5.
    Successfully restored ownership and permissions for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components.
    RegistryScript:: directive completed successfully.
    
    
    
    
    Successfully processed all directives.
    SFCFix version 3.0.0.0 by niemiro has completed.
    Currently storing 2 datablocks.
    Finish time: 2017-11-03 18:31:32.876
    Script hash: TPObCAnlqtJZftzuNe7bGHJ0dcnC77ZdP2s4cTi/uDk=
    ----------------------EOF-----------------------

    CheckSUR log file:
    CheckSUR.log

  18. #18

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Up.

  19. #19
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Sorry for the delay.

    Please manually upload the components hive by following these instructions:

    Upload Components Hive
    1. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config
    2. Right-click on the current COMPONENTS file and select copy
      Note: If you get an error that the file is in use, reboot your computer and then try again.
    3. Right-click on your Desktop and select paste
    4. Right-click on the COMPONENTS file on your Desktop and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) Folder
    5. Upload the zip from your Desktop to a file sharing service such as DropBox, OneDrive, SendSpace, etc. and include the link with your reply.
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  20. #20

    Re: [Win7SP1 x64] Can't Install KB4034664, KB4038777 and KB4041681, Error Code: 80073

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    Sorry for the delay.

    Please manually upload the components hive by following these instructions:

    Upload Components Hive
    1. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config
    2. Right-click on the current COMPONENTS file and select copy
      Note: If you get an error that the file is in use, reboot your computer and then try again.
    3. Right-click on your Desktop and select paste
    4. Right-click on the COMPONENTS file on your Desktop and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) Folder
    5. Upload the zip from your Desktop to a file sharing service such as DropBox, OneDrive, SendSpace, etc. and include the link with your reply.
    Components file:
    components.zip

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-23-2017, 09:32 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-25-2017, 04:23 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-08-2017, 09:33 AM
  4. Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-01-2017, 08:57 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2017, 03:36 PM

Log in

Log in