Page 2 of 2 First 12

Re: failed to update Sp1 on my Win 7 X64 ultimate Based System!! Please Help

cbs.log when last run sfc /scannow early morning.
    Attached Files Attached Files

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

AFTER REMOVING THIS REG KEY ** microsoft-w..languagepack_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_98ecd329cdadc4b9 **FROM REGISTRY AND RUN AGAIN THIS SURT ** Windows6.1-KB947821-v34-x64** BUT IT STILL shows nothing in installing: point and after sometime the installation complete as shown in my previews attached images.

AFTERTHAT WHEN I SEE THE CHECKSUR.LOG FILE AGAIN THE RESULT IS LISTED BELOW!! STILL**** NO UPDATE TO SP1 NOR WINDOWS FEATURES ON & OFF SHOW ANYTHING ****.

Code:
    =================================
    Checking System Update Readiness.
    Binary Version 6.1.7601.22471
    Package Version 26.0
    2017-10-26 11:33

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
    Seconds executed: 528
     No errors detected

Administrator
    Windows Update Instructor
    Security Analyst

Please do the following.

Retrieve Components Hive
    1. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Config and locate the COMPONENTS file.
    2. Please copy this file to your desktop.
    Note: If you receive an error that this file is in-use, simply reboot your computer and try again.
    3. Right-click on this file on your desktop and select Send To...Compressed (zipped) folder. This will create a file named COMPONENTS.ZIP on your desktop.
    4. The file will likely be too large to upload here so please upload to SendSpace and just provide the link here.

Administrator
    Security Analyst

Also, please do the following.

Step#1 - Capture Process Monitor Trace
    1. Download and run Process Monitor. Leave this running while you perform the next steps.
    2. Copy/Paste the following into an elevated command-prompt window: wmic qfe list brief /format:texttablewsys > "%USERPROFILE%\desktop\hotfix.txt"
    3. Stop Process Monitor as soon as the command returns "No Instance(s) Available". You can simply do this by clicking the magnifying glass on the toolbar as shown below.

4. Select the File menu...Save... and save the file to your desktop. This is likely the default location. The name (unless changed) will be LogFile.PML. This is fine.
    5. Zip up and attach the LogFile.PML file as well as your CBS.log.

Components Hive

Dropbox - COMPONENTS.zip

LogFile.PMLandCBS.log. attached kindly see n waiting for your next command !!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator
    Security Analyst

On your desktop, can you attach the file named hotfix.txt?

Ops you havn't mention that before, my office was off for 2 days, i will upload it on monday. Is it ok to you if i will upload on monday?

Administrator
    Security Analyst

It's probably empty but just wanted to verify. I see the following in your logs. The highlighted entry should not say "NO MORE ENTRIES" so I suspect corruption in your SOFTWARE hive.

[W7Ult x64] failed to update Sp1!! Please Help-capture-jpg

Please do the following when able.

Step#1 - Retrieve Software Hive
    Note: The Software have has confidential and sensitive information in it so please send me a PM with a link to the hive so it's not in the public form.
    • Please download the Freeware RegBak from here: Acelogix Software - Download products
      You will find it at the bottom of the page that the link brings you to.
    • Go ahead and install this program and accept all the defaults. After the last install screen the program should open.
    • Click the New Backup button. Accept the defaults and simply click Start.
    • When it says Finished successfully, click the Close button.
    • This will bring you back to the main screen of the program. You will see one entry in this list with the date that you did it. Right-click on this line-item and select Explore Backup...
    • This will bring you into the folder where the backup was made. You should see a Users folder and a Windows folder along with a couple other files. Double-click on the Windows folder to open it. Then open the System32 folder and then config folder. You should see around 6 files in here, one of which is named SOFTWARE.
    • Copy this file to your Desktop.
    • Now right click on this file on your desktop and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
    • Then please upload the zip file(s) to your favourite file sharing website (it will be too big to upload here). Examples of services to upload to are Dropbox or One Drive or SendSpace and then just PM me your link.
    • You can close any open windows you have as well as the RegBak program now.

Yes that hotfix file was empty when i check at that time when logfile was created. Ok i will do the remaining fixes on monday morning then upload on provided servers and the pm you.

Administrator
    Security Analyst

It appears that you may have illegally licensed software on your machine. Unfortunately we will not be able to go further until this is rectified.

illegally licensed software on your machine

can u please elaborate this? so that i can answer to your question!!

Administrator
    Security Analyst

Sure. It appears the license keys that you are using for your Windows software as well as your office software are not valid. Did you pay for valid licenses for both Windows and Office?

Dear Sysnative admins & Mvp's,

As per global reports at 90+ windows users in Pakistan are using pirated versons of windows due to poor latericy rate of income. Average income 100 to 150 dollars per month, my Question how a common man whose income is was less then 150 dollars how can he afford hundreds of dollar license of windows & ms office??

I'm using windows when i was 15, today i'm 30 and in between these years i can't see any enviroment where windows users uses windows os with valid license.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        HP
      • Model Number:
        HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j130us Notebook - E8A04UA
      • Motherboard:
        HP Insyde 720265-501 6050A2549501-MB-A02
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz.
      • Memory:
        12GB DDR3L SDRAM (2 DIMM)
      • Graphics:
        Intel HD graphics 4600 with up to 1792MB total graphics memory
      • Sound Card:
        Beats Audio quad speakers and two subwoofers
      • Hard Drives:
        1TB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
      • Disk Drives:
        Hitachi 500 GB SSD; 7 TB USB External
      • Power Supply:
        90w
      • Case:
        Laptop
      • Display:
        17.3-inch diagonal HD+ BrightView LED-backlit touchscreen display (1600 x 900)
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8.1

We are in the United States and have to follow United States law.

I'm sorry, but we cannot assist you.
    adnanayub and BrianDrab say thanks for this.

BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista ` ` `Carrona Driver Reference Table (DRT)
    https://www.sysnative.com/
    Sysnative Hex-Decimal-UNIX Date Conversion

Has Sysnative Forums helped you?
    Please consider donating to help support the forum.
    Thank You!

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

If you guys are ok with it for not resolving my problem, then it's ok to me, i believe someome else will do resolve my problem without any law and regulation. Anyways thank for your precious time which you guys spent on my problem. God bless u...

Page 2 of 2 First 12