Damaged file prevents Windows Update to work

Hello!
    I have a serious problem with Windows Update, because of damaged file in winsxs directory. Both SURT and sfc /scannow are reporting no problem. But SFCFix reports the following:

SFCFix version 3.0.0.0 by niemiro.
    Start time: 2017-10-08 17:14:26.095
    Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 - amd64
    Not using a script file.

AutoAnalysis::
    CORRUPT: C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-windowsupdateclient-ui_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7601.23806_none_65a648261e3090ae\wucltux.dll

SUMMARY: Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically. Seek advice from helper or sysnative.com.
    CBS & SFC total detected corruption count: 1
    CBS & SFC total unimportant corruption count: 0
    CBS & SFC total fixed corruption count: 0
    SURT total detected corruption count: 0
    SURT total unimportant corruption count: 0
    SURT total fixed corruption count: 0
    AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.

Successfully processed all directives.
    SFCFix version 3.0.0.0 by niemiro has completed.
    Currently storing 0 datablocks.
    Finish time: 2017-10-08 17:15:07.401
    ----------------------EOF-----------------------

During the work the program ask me to insert Windows DVD. i have tried the four various DVD with different builds, but the program has been unabled to replace the corrupted file. I have also tried to replace that file manually by the file of another version. I unregistered the source file, deleted it and then made a replacement and then registered the file.
    The main problem that I couldn't file of the same version that the sourse file had. The original version of the file wucltux.dll that was initially installed by Windows Setup or Windows Update (don't sure exactly where it was coming from) is 7.6.7601.23806. By right clicking of the mouse on that file and choosing 'Properties' -> 'File description' of the 'Details' tab I see the name 'Windows Update Client User Experience'. So the question-what to do? Try to find the file with exact version of the source file or uninstall the Windows Update that has installed that file? What way to choose and how to identify the Windows Update that file was belong to? Please help!
    TIA!

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Re: Damaged file prevents Windows Update to work

Hello and welcome,

Follow the instructions below please.

WARNING! The following fix is specific to the user's system in this thread only. No one else should follow these instructions, as it could damage your system. If you need assistance with an issue, please start a new thread and someone will assist you shortly.

• Download SFCFix and move the executable to your desktop.
    • Download the attachment SFCFix.zip and save it on your desktop.
    • Save any work you have open, and close all programs.
    • Drag the SFCFix.zip file over the SFCFix.exe executable and release it.
    • SFCFix will launch, let it complete.
    • Once done, a file will appear on your desktop, called SFCFix.txt.
    • Open the file, then copy and paste its content in your next reply.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is the content:

SFCFix version 3.0.0.0 by niemiro.
    Start time: 2017-10-15 13:24:29.965
    Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 - amd64
    Using .zip script file at C:\Users\Dmitry Severny\Desktop\SFCFix.zip [0]

PowerCopy::
    Successfully took permissions for file or folder C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-windowsupdateclient-ui_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7601.23806_none_65a648261e3090ae\wucltux.dll

Successfully copied file C:\Users\Dmitry Severny\AppData\Local\niemiro\Archive\amd64_microsoft-windows-windowsupdateclient-ui_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7601.23806_none_65a648261e3090ae\wucltux.dll to C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-windowsupdateclient-ui_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7601.23806_none_65a648261e3090ae\wucltux.dll.

Successfully restored ownership for C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-windowsupdateclient-ui_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7601.23806_none_65a648261e3090ae\wucltux.dll
    Successfully restored permissions on C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-windowsupdateclient-ui_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7601.23806_none_65a648261e3090ae\wucltux.dll
    PowerCopy:: directive completed successfully.

Successfully processed all directives.
    SFCFix version 3.0.0.0 by niemiro has completed.
    Currently storing 1 datablocks.
    Finish time: 2017-10-15 13:24:30.964
    Script hash: sdMBPfp+LJbhDcjQmh1GEUEiokKi1THCmFJSlLJ0eH0=
    ----------------------EOF-----------------------

I see the icon in the notification area with the pop-up: 'New updates are available'. Does it mean that now I can try to check for updates again?

Does it mean that now I can try to check for updates again?
    Yes. Report the result please.

There are only 5 of 20 updates has been successfully installed. Before my attempt of the installing the updates, I had also many other updates that were failed to update in the past. The warning message with the Windows Update error codes report I got after update is in file 1.png. The files 2.png and 3.png are reading the full list of the updates that were successfully installed and once that had failed. Please suggest me the further actions to perform!
    TIA!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Damaged file prevents Windows Update to work-1-png   Damaged file prevents Windows Update to work-2-png   Damaged file prevents Windows Update to work-3-png  

Provide a logfile.

1. Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
    2. When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
    3. When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following command into it, then press enter.

Code:
      copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"
    4. This will create a file, cbs.txt on your Desktop. Please attach this to your next post.
      Note: if the file is too big to upload to your next post please upload via a service such as Dropbox or One Drive or SendSpace and just provide the download link.

It's attached!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please zip the files CbsPersist_<datetime>.cab in the folder C:\Windows\Logs\CBS and attach it to your next reply.
    Note: if the file is too big to upload to your next post please upload via a service such as Dropbox or One Drive or SendSpace and just provide the download link.

This is a link to download the file: Dropbox - CBS.zip