03-19-2017, 09:52 AM #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2017
[Win7Pro x86] Can't install SP1
Good day I'm trying to install Win7 SP1 on a Win7 Pro x86 machine.
The CBS zip was bigger than allowed, so I put the log in it's own zip.
The SFCFix.txt ==>
SFCFix version 126.96.36.199 by niemiro.
Start time: 2017-03-19 15:19:56.312
Microsoft Windows 7 - x86
Not using a script file.
SUMMARY: Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically. Seek advice from helper or sysnative.com.
CBS & SFC total detected corruption count: 0
CBS & SFC total unimportant corruption count: 0
CBS & SFC total fixed corruption count: 0
SURT total detected corruption count: 1
SURT total unimportant corruption count: 0
SURT total fixed corruption count: 0
AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.
Successfully processed all directives.
Failed to generate a complete zip file. Upload aborted.
SFCFix version 188.8.131.52 by niemiro has completed.
Currently storing 0 datablocks.
Finish time: 2017-03-19 15:25:27.675
03-21-2017, 08:16 PM #2
Windows Update Instructor
- Join Date
- Oct 2014
Re: [Win7Pro x86] Can't install SP1
Hi and welcome to Sysnative. Please start with the following.
Retrieve Components/Software Hives
Note: The Software have has confidential and sensitive information in it so please send me a PM with a link to that particular hive so it's not in the public form.
- Please download the Freeware RegBak from here: Acelogix Software - Download products
You will find it at the bottom of the page that the link brings you to.
- Go ahead and install this program and accept all the defaults. After the last install screen the program should open.
- Click the New Backup button. Accept the defaults and simply click Start.
- When it says Finished successfully, click the Close button.
- This will bring you back to the main screen of the program. You will see one entry in this list with the date that you did it. Right-click on this line-item and select Explore Backup...
- This will bring you into the folder where the backup was made. You should see a Users folder and a Windows folder along with a couple other files. Double-click on the Windows folder to open it. Then open the System32 folder and then config folder. You should see around 6 files in here, two of which are named COMPONENTS and SOFTWARE.
- Copy these two files to your Desktop. If the COMPONENTS file does not exist, please fetch it instead from C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS.
- Now right click on these files on your desktop and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Then please upload the zip file(s) to your favourite file sharing website (it will be too big to upload here). Examples of services to upload to are Dropbox or One Drive or SendSpace and then just provide the link in your reply.
- You can close any open windows you have as well as the RegBack program now.
By soupaman in forum HardwareReplies: 27Last Post: 02-13-2017, 06:50 PM
By Quagmir in forum Windows UpdateReplies: 12Last Post: 09-06-2016, 03:16 PM
By Calvo in forum Windows UpdateReplies: 6Last Post: 06-22-2016, 05:04 PM
By MaTTGRANT in forum Windows UpdateReplies: 2Last Post: 07-30-2014, 11:25 AM
By andrewc in forum Windows UpdateReplies: 16Last Post: 11-21-2013, 07:26 AM