Unable to repair corruptions.

Lyndo

About 5 years ago I bought a Gateway FX6831 computer that came with Win7 Home and I used Anytime Upgrade to buy Win7 Pro. Last year I got a S.M.A.R.T. notification that the HD was failing so I got a Seagate hybrid HD, cloned to it and replaced the drive. Everything seemed okay. Now I am having trouble with Windows Updates. Some will install but there are about 8 or so that just refuse to.
I ran chkdsk and it was okay. Then I ran the readiness tool and it gave me a bad report. I since ran SFC SCANNOW and SFCFix. It reported that I get should help from you folks. I am uploading resulting files for assessment if someone would please take time to look at them and see if we can get this thing running properly.

I was going to include CBS.log but the file attachment manager is giving me trouble. The log file is 1GB. I tried sending it to a compressed zip folder and it claimed to fail in the end. Access Denied popup error. Then I used WinRAR to archive it to a zip file. It shows as 55MB. I start to upload it, and my upload speed is atrocious, but the attachment manager never shows the file after my modem stops activity. So I am not sure I can get this file uploaded at this time. I saw no report that it is too large or anything. I am attaching the SFCFix.txt file generated on my desktop as well as the SURT text file from the readiness tool report.

Can someone please help me with this. I have been trying to get this working for weeks.

Lyndo

Attachments

• SFCFix.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 1
  • SUR_Check_Log.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 3
I started fresh from an empty CBS log folder. I am creating new files so you may want to disregard the previous attachments.
Ran sfc /scannow and collected the CBS log file. Then I ran SFCFix again to regenerate a new text file.

Attachments

• CBS.log
    815 KB · Views: 1
  • SFCFix.txt
    2 KB · Views: 1
Hi Lyndo :)

My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Follow the instructions below please.

IGJdB0T.png
System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) - Fix

WARNING! The following fix is specific to the user's system in this thread. No one else should follow the instructions below to apply that fix, as it could damage your system. If you need assistance with an issue, please start a new thread and someone will assist you shortly.

Follow the instructions below to fix the errors reported by the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT);
  • Download the attached archive file, Packs.zip and save it on your Desktop;
  • Once it's downloaded, right-click on it and select Extract All...;
  • Check the Show extracted files when complete checkbox, and click on Extract;
  • On completion, a folder will open with two folders inside it, Manifests and Packages;
    • Copy and paste the files of the Manifests folder (if there are any) inside C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests
    • Copy and paste the files of the Packages folder (if there are any) inside C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\servicing\Packages
  • Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again;
  • On completion, attach the log located at C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log in your next reply;
View attachment Packs.zip

Back