Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    I wanted to upgrade from build 10525 to build 10532 through Windows update, it downloaded everything, configured the update during shutdown and started copying files at restart. Then it hangs at 61% for a while and then jumps to 64% with the progress of copying files. Immediatly after that, the pc shuts down, restarts and reverts everything to what is was before the upgrade to build 10532. The Reliability Monitor says that error 0x8024200D occured and that the installation failed.

    Also, sfc/scannow sais it has repaired some files, but can't repair some. Also dism /online /cleanup-image /online ends with the infamous 0x800f0906 error.

    Attached is the CBS-log (
    CBS.rar) of the SFC/scannow session. I saw it was talking about a corrupted file called opencl.dll, but completely reinstalling the Intel and Nvidia drivers, using DDU, didn't resolve the problem.

    Could someone help me, so that I can upgrade? Thanks in advance!


    • Ad Bot

      advertising
      Beep.

        
       

  2. #2

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    I forgot to mention that I already ruled out virusses: I scanned with MBAM (which found rootkit.ADS and got rit of it), Hitman Pro and Windows Defender. Also, when I start SFCFix and he reads the logs, SFCFix says it crashed. Also, when I try to install or deinstall a programm through programs and features, I get error 2503 and 2502. I already tried upgrading to that newer Windows preview for multiple times, but everytime with the same result.

  3. #3

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Ok, now I used a tool from tweaking.com to restore some things. Now Windows can install and uninstall programs again, was finally able to disable Hyper V without any errors (So that I can use VMWare), my printer works again and the update to the newest build now fails even before the restart (so, the behavior changed); after the download and preparing the update, it shows error 0xc190011f at Windows Update. Also, as I did a lot of things, here is an updated CBS.log! :) SFC/scannow still fails when I try to run it, same for dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. Also, SFCFix still crashes every time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Excuses for the so many posts, but I just want to provide as much info as I can. I also found out the Photos app from Microsoft crashes/closes suddently just a second or two after launch. Also, when I run the Windows update troubleshooter it sais every time that windows-parts needed to be repaired and repairs it succesfully every time.... Also, clean boot doesn't help...

  5. #5
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,852

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Please try downloading and installing the latest driver for your graphics card.

    Is it nvidia?
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  6. #6

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    Please try downloading and installing the latest driver for your graphics card.

    Is it nvidia?
    As said: already tried this three times, even through Windows Update itself, through the normal Nvidia download and even with using DDU before installing the driver. I also reinstalled the driver for my Intel HD 4600 twice.

  7. #7
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,852

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Please attach C:\$Windows.~bt\Sources\Panther\SetupAct.log and SetupErr.log
    You may have to zip SetupAct.log before attaching it.
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  8. #8

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    Please attach C:\$Windows.~bt\Sources\Panther\SetupAct.log and SetupErr.log
    You may have to zip SetupAct.log before attaching it.
    Here it is! :)
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #9

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Quote Originally Posted by mrtnptrs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    Please attach C:\$Windows.~bt\Sources\Panther\SetupAct.log and SetupErr.log
    You may have to zip SetupAct.log before attaching it.
    Here it is! :)
    I know you're probably discussing my problem now or trying to find a solution, but is there any news on a possible solution and do you maybe know what the cause exactly is? :) Thanks in advance!

  10. #10
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,852

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Code:
    FatalError [0x090001] PANTHR Exception (code 0xC0000005: ACCESS_VIOLATION) occurred at 0x00007FF9E33E3BD8 in C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll
    What are you using for antivirus software?
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  11. #11

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    Code:
    FatalError [0x090001] PANTHR Exception (code 0xC0000005: ACCESS_VIOLATION) occurred at 0x00007FF9E33E3BD8 in C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll
    What are you using for antivirus software?
    Windows Defender, so, that shouldn't affect the installation...

  12. #12
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,852

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    The 0xC0000005 exception in msvcrt.dll could be caused by many things, one is damage from malware or adware.

    Have you tried creating a new admin user account and running setup from that account?
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  13. #13

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    The 0xC0000005 exception in msvcrt.dll could be caused by many things, one is damage from malware or adware.

    Have you tried creating a new admin user account and running setup from that account?
    Ok, I will try that, but can I then keep this admin account or does the new account replace it? And then I just keep all my programs and documents? (that they're not bound to the account?)

    Edit: I made a new local admin account, will try it and let you know the results tomorrow! :)

  14. #14

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Ok, the attempt failed, to get insider builds, the new admin account needs to be attached to a Microsoft account, but it sais it can't do it, because the service is temporary unavailable..... I tried this many times, even after a restart, probably just another problem with Windows 10 on my computer. Do you know any more options to try?

    Edit: Ok, tried it three more times with a brand new Microsoft account and now finally the new admin account is added to my pc, now trying to install the newest preview version! Will report back soon!

  15. #15

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Quote Originally Posted by mrtnptrs View Post
    Ok, the attempt failed, to get insider builds, the new admin account needs to be attached to a Microsoft account, but it sais it can't do it, because the service is temporary unavailable..... I tried this many times, even after a restart, probably just another problem with Windows 10 on my computer. Do you know any more options to try?

    Edit: Ok, tried it three more times with a brand new Microsoft account and now finally the new admin account is added to my pc, now trying to install the newest preview version! Will report back soon!
    Sadly, after configuring the update after download, it still gave error 0xc190011f... Here are the logs!
    Attached Files Attached Files

  16. #16
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,852

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Check if there is a .dmp file with today's date in C:\Windows\minidump\
    If there is, please zip and attach it with your reply.
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  17. #17

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    Check if there is a .dmp file with today's date in C:\Windows\minidump\
    If there is, please zip and attach it with your reply.
    Nope, there is no folder like that. So, no minidump was created as it seems....

    Edit: Isn't a complete re-install of Windows 10 the only good option? It will take a huge time to install my programs and games again, but then I know for 100% sure everything is right. Or do you think it's still worth trying something?

  18. #18
    zcomputerwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,852

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    You could try a refresh; it would remove any installed programs and games but should keep your data (documents, pictures, etc).
    I am usually online 1PM - 4PM CST Monday - Friday.
    If your thread has not received a new reply within 3 days, please make a post here: Not Received Help? so another helper can continue to assist you.

  19. #19

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    You could try a refresh; it would remove any installed programs and games but should keep your data (documents, pictures, etc).
    Well, but then I get an error about that Windows is not installed in the default folder, so I"m unable to keep my files, programs and settings (those options are greyed out )... Why does the setup say this?! Windows is just installed at C:/Windows! I couldn't find anything about this on Google.

  20. #20

    Re: [Windows 10 build 10525] Upgrade to build 10532 fails and corrupt files

    Quote Originally Posted by mrtnptrs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zcomputerwiz View Post
    You could try a refresh; it would remove any installed programs and games but should keep your data (documents, pictures, etc).
    Well, but then I get an error about that Windows is not installed in the default folder, so I"m unable to keep my files, programs and settings (those options are greyed out )... Why does the setup say this?! Windows is just installed at C:/Windows! I couldn't find anything about this on Google.
    And when I do a refresh from inside Windows, it asks for the recovery media, which I of course don't have, as this is a older preview version.... What should I do now?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2015, 05:27 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2015, 02:29 AM

Log in

Log in