SFC Corrupt utc.app.json and telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json Server 2012 R2

Hello I am having a problem that has been the bane of my existence for a couple weeks. here is the scenario:

Running Windows Server 2012 R2

When running sfc /scannow logged in as the administrator I get the message that there has been corruption found but cannot repair the corruption and the logs are in cbs.log

I restart the computer to finish the sfc repair, but the problem still persists.

I hold shift and restart then select advanced troubleshooting and the restart with command prompt.

I re-run sfc /scannow and it finds corruption and successfully fixes the problems.

I restart the computer and run sfc /scannow again to verify problem is fixed, but alas it says there is corruption and cannot repair the corruption.

I hold shift and restart then select advanced troubleshooting and the restart with command prompt. Again

I re-run sfc /scannow and it finds corruption and successfully fixes the problems. Again. Once again the problem persists.

I go to the CBS log in c:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log
    It contains about 500 pages of information I go to the most recent and find that "CSI 000007e5 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:66{33}]"telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json" of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client, Version = 6.3.9600.17842, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch" and "CSI 000007e2 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"utc.app.json" of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client, Version = 6.3.9600.17842, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch"

I found in forums that User "Go The Power" has found that an update KB3022345 is causing this problem across multiple windows OS

I looked in my installed updates and find that I have the KB3022345 installed. I proceed to uninstall the update.

I restart the computer to make sure it is un-installed and any cached data is cleared.

I hold shift and restart then select advanced troubleshooting and the restart with command prompt. Again.

I re-run sfc /scannow and it finds corruption and successfully fixes the problems. Again. Once again the problem persists.

I see that User "Go The Power" has a program sfcfix.exe and a zip file for x64 systems to fix the corrupted files instead of uninstalling the update.

I drag and drop the zip file onto the SFCFix.exe and here is the output file "SFCFix.txt"

I hold shift and restart then select advanced troubleshooting and the restart with command prompt. Again.

I then just run SFCFix.exe as administrator and here is the output file "SFCFix2.txt"

I create a filtered text file of the cbs.log to find all entries that have [SR] which is here "sfcdetails.txt"

I am at a complete loss I have tried everything that I know of or could find pertaining to this issue. If anyone would be so kind as to help me out with this problem it would be GREATLY appreciated.

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Re: SFC Corrupt utc.app.json and telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json Server 2012 R2

Moved to proper forum.