01-21-2015, 12:39 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2015
- South Florida
Windows Update problems +
My machine with Win7SP1 started running really, really slow, virus scan showed no problem. I restored to an earlier date ~2months. Then problems with Windows Update. Every boot wants to install updates then fails, then repeats. I tried to uninstall SP1, no help.
I ran SFCFix.exe, results attached.
Any help would be graciously accepted.
01-23-2015, 02:19 AM #2
Windows Update Expert
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
- Adelaide, South Australia
Re: Windows Update problems +
Hello Nic and welcome to sysnative.
There are quite a large number of corrupt files detected in the CBS and SURT log:
I would like to take a look at these full logs please.Code:SUMMARY: Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically. Seek advice from helper or sysnative.com. CBS & SFC total detected corruption count: 236 CBS & SFC total unimportant corruption count: 0 CBS & SFC total fixed corruption count: 0 SURT total detected corruption count: 458 SURT total unimportant corruption count: 0 SURT total fixed corruption count: 0 AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.
Export CBS folder
- Click the Start button then click Computer.
- Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
- Find and double click on the Logs folder.
- Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
- Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
- Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.
- Attach this to your next post please.
Please Note:: if the file is too big to upload to you next post please upload via Dropbox or One Drive
Has Sysnative forums helped you? Please consider a Donation to help the forum.
[SOLVED] Windows Update 8007370B problemsBy gschaper in forum Windows UpdateReplies: 9Last Post: 01-09-2015, 07:18 PM
By jdlopezh in forum Windows UpdateReplies: 10Last Post: 04-21-2014, 12:47 PM
By FormerUser73968 in forum Windows UpdateReplies: 18Last Post: 01-21-2014, 04:17 AM
[SOLVED] Windows Update ProblemsBy bjl94 in forum Windows UpdateReplies: 5Last Post: 12-27-2013, 02:33 PM
By petrusx in forum Windows UpdateReplies: 3Last Post: 12-07-2013, 02:32 PM