System File Checker could not repair the corrupted file 'Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB'

Recently, I posted a question to Steam Customer Support on an issue regarding Steam silently crashing. The support gave feedback to me that I should run System File Checker on my Windows 8.1 machine.
    I am using a Razer Blade Pro, which runs Windows 8.1 x64.
    After running sfc.exe /scannow on Command Prompt (Admin), I was prompted a message that not all corrupted files could be repaired. I went to Google to search for possible follow-ups, and I consulted this link to see if this fixes my issue (http://www.sysnative.com/forums/wind...-prncacla.html).

Prior to posting this thread, I downloaded SFCFix.exe and ran the program.
    After running, it showed a summary of the total corrupted files repaired, but later the program however mentioned that the corrupted file could not be repaired and prompted me to send a message to the forums with the attached log file for further investigation.
    I am not sure what other options are available, maybe if I manage to fix the corrupted file 'Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB', I might be able to solve the issue of program crashes in my Windows 8.1 machine. Any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Re: System File Checker could not repair the corrupted file 'Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB'

Hello, and welcome to Sysnative!

Can you please re-run SFC now. There's a minor bug in SFCFix at the moment where it *does* fix your corruption, but then reports that it hasn't. So as a quick check, can you please re-run SFC & let me know.

Thank you!

Richard

Re: System File Checker could not repair the corrupted file 'Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB'

Running sfc.exe \scannow returned a message:
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    I need to restart my computer and re-install Steam to see if the original issue of silent crashing persists.
    If it does, I will give Steam Support my feedback.
    Thanks for the follow-up, I appreciate it

EDIT: Nope, despite fixing the corrupted Amd file, Steam still manages to crash in front of my face while browsing happily... Oh well, back to Steam Support. But many thanks anyway. :)