Painful slow login (Windows 8.1)

Hi, lately the OS seems to login too slow. The symptom:
    a) I have no password setup so booting is fast till the window screen. Once it enters the desktop, I am left staring at a black screen (full screen) with cursor.
    b) Hitting ALT+CTRL+DEL does nothing initially (still black). Then there appears a black windowed screen with just a close button. By this time the Task Manager appears and Explorer comes up as normal. I then close the black screen.

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Re: Painful slow login (Windows 8.1)

Spybots Startup Tools list an entry under HK_LM:RunOnce
    C:\windows\SysWOW64\wscript.exe/E:vbscript /B "C:\user-pc\AppData\Roaming\Dador"

But either that entry is hidden or the directory is not present cos it doesn't exist.

ok it seems the issue is fixed. Now the login is fast as before. All I did was to delete that entry with Spybot. Googling the entry gave nothing. So I guess I was the first...but who knows maybe a variant of something else.
    xilolee says thanks for this.

Hi hellbraker.

I searched a similar behavior and it seems it could have something to do with ransomware, browser highjacking or bad cleaners.
    Therefore, if I were you, I'd be on the safe side and I'd take a tour in sysnative security arena sub-forum (click) with Corrine or BrianDrab (or another allowed-to-deal-with-removing-malware member).

Read Malware Removal Posting Instructions (click) before opening a new thread.
    Last edited by xilolee; 02-15-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks will go through it.