[Win7 x64] programs freeze randomly

hello.
    for about a month my pc has been stalling. whatever program i have open, whether it's word or autocad, the pc freezes randomly for about 10-60 seconds. i ran a memtest and it says no errors.. also did a chkdsk and not errors.
    i can't remember if i installed an update, but i installed no new software.
    i ran malwarebytes and it found nothing.
    i have windows 7 64bit.
    pc is cyberpower

can somebody get me going on how/where to check to find out the issues? i looked at the event logger and there are a lot of events stopping/starting, etc...but i don't know what to look for.

any help will be appreciated.
    thank you for replies!

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Re: programs in windows 7 freeze randomly

It could be a driver issue. You may want to update your drivers. Also, you could have a USB device going bad, like a keyboard or mouse. I've seen more than my fair share of interrupt storms due to errant USB devices.

Hello,
    please install HD Tune and give me a screenshot of your Health Tab.

Best,
    Mihael

THANK YOU all for replies...
    i checked the mouse and keyboard.. they seem fine. i MAY have a usb plug going out but that's been for a while now. could a driver all the sudden cause that?

thank you for the link! im not understanding much but run verifier.

i installed the hd tune.. and it's giving me critical hard drive temp 67d C. i was thinking my hd may be going out... but also thought it may be my ram but memtest said all ok..

[Win7 x64] programs freeze randomly-hdtune-jpg

Re: [Win7 x64] programs freeze randomly

[Win7 x64] programs freeze randomly-performance-jpg[Win7 x64] programs freeze randomly-services2-jpg[Win7 x64] programs freeze randomly-services1-jpg

there's my services tab on task manager. and the performance.
    anybody see something wrong?

My suggestion, based on the performance monitor, is to click the "cpu" column to have the heaviest usage brought to the top... There is clearly something going on with the cpu. Perhaps run whatever apps you usually do when it bogs down, with the processes section open and set to the cpu column and see what those spikes are... It is also posssible that it is virtual memory but more information would be needed to determine that. Also, the event viewer is always a place to check for errors. Search the system and application logs for red error events.

It could also be your search indexer. i would suggest turning that off, first. It can result in the issues you are having as well as a heavier burden on windows explorer, which the screenshots clearly show

thank you for the suggestions... here's an update to what i did.

ran malwarebytes in safe mode... it says it found malware. mtfilleless in a couple places. .
    ran the sfc and chkdsk. i ran them both more than once. (not sure where to get the results file for the sfc).. chkdsk said ok.

im thinking there may be something in the event logger but not sure what to look at or what to look for.... but it has a lot of start/stops.

still going slow.

could somebody please point me in the direction of how to get results of the event viewer and what they mean?

here's a pic of the malwarebytes quarantine section.

i also ran verifyer and it found an unsigned driver but when i deleted it, one of my devices wouldn't load up on the explorer...the rest were ok...the unsigned one was: MpKslfc734628 - couldn't find that on google....but i think it's my allegro handheld.

thank you all!

[Win7 x64] programs freeze randomly-malwarebytes-jpg

[Win7 x64] programs freeze randomly-services3-jpg

Try to send a piriform speccy snapshot and a Microsoft msinfo32 report (i.e., upload them here; for speccy, you can publish your data instead to create/send the report).