Asus X554sj install windows 7 but driver for touchpad only signed for windows 10

HI
    i like to have windows 7 64 bit on the laptop Asus X554sj and i find all drivers for windows 7 manually but i can't find the driver for the touchpad, i have the one for windows 10 but when i try to install on windows 7 it say that they are not signed, how can i try to install it and make it work ? I did try to start windows 7 without signed driver , option 7 on boot but still tell me that the drivers are not signed.
    thank you

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Re: Asus X554sj install windows 7 but driver for touchpad only signed for windows 10

Ok update, the touch pad is connected to a I2C I/O device hardware ID is ACPI\808622C1 and i can't find any way to install any drivers, i did try smarth gesture drivers, generic I2C I/O from here Download Proc IO: Intel Processor IO Controller Driver for Windows 7, any idea how to make the touch pad work ? SO is windows 7 64 thank you

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        BrightWorks Systems
      • Model Number:
        BWS-6 E-IV
      • Motherboard:
        Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i5-6600 Skylake Pushed to 3.9GHz
      • Memory:
        2 X 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000
      • Graphics:
        EVGA GeForce GTX 1050TI 04G-P4-6251-KR, 4GB GDDR5
      • Sound Card:
        Integrated
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 850 EVO 250GB SSD, Blu-ray R/W
      • Power Supply:
        EVGA Supernova 550W Gold
      • Case:
        Fractal Design Define R4 Mid Tower w/Window
      • Cooling:
        2 x 140mm case fans, OEM CPU Cooler
      • Display:
        2 x Samsung S24E650BW 24 inch WS
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Re: Asus X554sj install windows 7 but driver for touchpad only signed for windows 10

You may need to disable "driver signature enforcement". This is not normally recommended because driver signature enforcement is there for security purposes. There are several tutorials here.

That said, because W10 is more secure and faster, I would recommend you give it real chance. If the look and feel of W7 is what you prefer, there are easy ways to make W10 look and feel like W7. I use Start10, but others are very happy with ClassicShell. Both bring back W7's start menu and desktop.
    stogazull says thanks for this.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    MS MVP Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

Try to find the driver for Win 8 and install on your Win 7, it must be work
    stogazull says thanks for this.

Hi thanks for the answer, i did try to disable the driver signature enforcement and sign manually the driver.sys but at restart blue screen..... i did try to install the generic driver for windows 7, no working, the ACPI\808622C1 only work on windows 10, look like ASUS doen't like you to install windows 7 because the touch pad is connected to this device before it can be seen on device manager, where is the point to connect the touch pad to a I2C I/O ?! no point USB was more than good but no so no touchpad no good, i really try many things but not working...if i am right shame on ASUS

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        BrightWorks Systems
      • Model Number:
        BWS-6 E-IV
      • Motherboard:
        Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i5-6600 Skylake Pushed to 3.9GHz
      • Memory:
        2 X 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000
      • Graphics:
        EVGA GeForce GTX 1050TI 04G-P4-6251-KR, 4GB GDDR5
      • Sound Card:
        Integrated
      • Disk Drives:
        Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 850 EVO 250GB SSD, Blu-ray R/W
      • Power Supply:
        EVGA Supernova 550W Gold
      • Case:
        Fractal Design Define R4 Mid Tower w/Window
      • Cooling:
        2 x 140mm case fans, OEM CPU Cooler
      • Display:
        2 x Samsung S24E650BW 24 inch WS
      • Operating System:
        Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

look like ASUS doen't like you to install windows 7 because the touch pad is connected to this device before it can be seen on device manager,
    Understand that is normal. Remember, the operating system and thus drivers are not loaded until well into the boot process, past POST (power on self-test) when the boot drive is finally touched. If the touch pad were not connected before that, you could not navigate around the BIOS Setup Menu, or trigger Safe Mode, or select a different OS in dual-boot systems.

...if i am right shame on ASUS
    What OS originally come on this system? If W10 (or W8), I see no reason the notebook maker should be held accountable to ensure drivers for a 7 year old legacy operating system are available.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    MS MVP Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

Quote Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
    look like ASUS doen't like you to install windows 7 because the touch pad is connected to this device before it can be seen on device manager,
    Understand that is normal. Remember, the operating system and thus drivers are not loaded until well into the boot process, past POST (power on self-test) when the boot drive is finally touched. If the touch pad were not connected before that, you could not navigate around the BIOS Setup Menu, or trigger Safe Mode, or select a different OS in dual-boot systems.

Yes true but why not the old nice working with all system USB ? my point is i don't see the point of connecting the touch pad to an I2C I/O device and even if they are generic driver for Win7 for this device make it not working.

...if i am right shame on ASUS
    What OS originally come on this system? If W10 (or W8), I see no reason the notebook maker should be held accountable to ensure drivers for a 7 year old legacy operating system are available.
    No system on it, just free DOS