Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Re: How to Diagnose and Fix High DPC Latency Issues with WPA (Windows Vista/7/8)

Hi all,

According to LatencyMon something is wrong with my computer:

How to Diagnose and Fix High DPC Latency Issues with WPA (Windows Vista/7/8)-cglujwp-png

What causes this spikes? If I sort the drivers by total execution (ms) on the drivers tab, then the first record is dxkrnl.sys with 0,203111 ms latency, which is absolutely acceptable I think (it's in the green section according to DPC).
    Then what's the problem? And what causes these hard pagefaults and interrupts to process latency?

How to Diagnose and Fix High DPC Latency Issues with WPA (Windows Vista/7/8)-yiwfr86-png

Thanks,
    hazazs

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Re: How to Diagnose and Fix High DPC Latency Issues with WPA (Windows Vista/7/8)

Quote Originally Posted by nick1970 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
    And another with usbport.sys at the top of the list!

[SOLVED] Another high DPC latency issue with sound distortion
    Hi, i have tried to do the above but when i enter the xperf command in cmd i have this message - nt kernel logger - access is denied. Please let me know what to do. I have had a high latency problem on my laptop and this causes a problem when i try to record music through an 8 track as i get constant dropouts. I gave up finding a solution and then came across this site so i really hope this works!! thanks for any help.

Nick
    try running command prompt as adminstrator and follow the same instructions as before
    jcgriff2 says thanks for this.

Would this work for WIN 10 64 ?

Hi drastyk.

Yes, but better if you use the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK for Windows 10, Version 1511) (click), instead of using the one for windows 8/8.1.

Quote Originally Posted by nikki remus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1970 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
    And another with usbport.sys at the top of the list!

[SOLVED] Another high DPC latency issue with sound distortion
    Hi, i have tried to do the above but when i enter the xperf command in cmd i have this message - nt kernel logger - access is denied. Please let me know what to do. I have had a high latency problem on my laptop and this causes a problem when i try to record music through an 8 track as i get constant dropouts. I gave up finding a solution and then came across this site so i really hope this works!! thanks for any help.

Nick
    try running command prompt as adminstrator and follow the same instructions as before
    do you realy think that this guy has still the problem after 3 years???

Hi @leeway, and welcome to Sysnative!

I split your post into a new thread here: Audio is freezing / turning off with very quick click

Please respond there if you would still like help.

Richard

Hello, ive been suffering with small, tiny freezes, not systematically, but they occur, since i upgrade from Win7 to Win10. At least thats when i noticed it (it came to my occasion while i was watching a movie file).

Recently the term DPC came to my knowledge and i've been trying to understand what it is and try to analyse the results but im getting little progress.

Im posting a screenshot of the WPA, after 4-5minutes duration. Also, this is after i have removed Asus USB charge (orwhatsitsname).
    How to Diagnose and Fix High DPC Latency Issues with WPA (Windows Vista/7/8)-dpc1-jpg

Hi Seitan.

It is better if you open a new topic on windows 10 support (click) (not windows 10 tutorials), with a link to your trace.etl (to be downloaded by someone who wants to check it and trying to help you).
    Did you use windows ADK for windows 10? Or 8-8.1? (it should be better to use the one for Win10)

Quote Originally Posted by xilolee View Post
    Hi Seitan.

It is better if you open a new topic on windows 10 support (click) (not windows 10 tutorials), with a link to your trace.etl (to be downloaded by someone who wants to check it and trying to help you).
    Did you use windows ADK for windows 10? Or 8-8.1? (it should be better to use the one for Win10)
    I used the one for Win10. The Sysnative's software disclaimer said that its not compatible with Win10, so even though i took it for a spin (everything was 4k+), i didnt pay much attention to it.

What disclaimer?

Hi there,

I've tried this step
    Nothing much will appear to happen, but xperf is now logging. Wait until the computer has gone through a period of stuttering slowness, and then type out the next line and press Enter (this line may take several seconds to process):
    xperf -d %userprofile%\Desktop\trace.etl
    And I get this error:

"xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: The instance name passed was not recognised as valid by a WMI data provider. (0x1069).

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Hi goingd0wn.

Try it with quotation marks:
    xperf -d "%userprofile%\Desktop\trace.etl"

So I've run the test and here is my etl file

Now... how exactly do I fix the problem?

Wdf01000.sys
    ntoskrnl.exe
    dxgkrnl.sys

Hey, I'm having trouble getting the xperf thing to work. This is what I'm seeing in the cmdPrompt.
    C:\Windows\system32>xperf -on DiagEasy

C:\Windows\system32>xperf -d %userprofile%\Desktop\trace.etl
    Merged Etl: C:\Users\Bente\Desktop\trace.etl
    The trace you have just captured "C:\Users\Bente\Desktop\trace.etl" may contain personally identifiable information, including but not necessarily limited to paths to files accessed, paths to registry accessed and process names. Exact information depends on the events that were logged. Please be aware of this when sharing out this trace with other people.

C:\Windows\system32>xperf %userprofile%\Desktop\trace.etl
    xperf: error: C:\Users\Bente\Desktop\trace.etl: The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057).

Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Performance Analyzer Version 10.0.14393
    Performance Analyzer Command Line
    Copyright (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Usage: xperf options ...

xperf -help start for logger start options
    xperf -help providers for known tracing flags
    xperf -help stackwalk for stack walking options
    xperf -help stop for logger stop options
    xperf -help merge for merge multiple trace files
    xperf -help processing for trace processing options
    xperf -help symbols for symbol decoding configuration
    xperf -help query for query options
    xperf -help mark for mark and mark-flush
    xperf -help format for time and timespan formats on the command line
    xperf -help profiles for profile options

C:\Windows\system32>

Hi SiegeRaven.

Just click on the file to open it and analyse the trace.

I'm really not certain how to read this - Mainly because the top one is called Idle (0)
    Gyazo - 472bbc2f00ad512328d58ce359527fad.png

If you need help with the trace, open a new topic in the correct forum (if you have windows 8.1, open a new thread in the windows 8 forum).
    Someone will check it.

OK,thank you for this favor
    but I have a problem,this problem is when I tape the first command line (xperf -on DiagEasy) I meet this message in cmd (xperf: error: NT Kernel Logger: AccÞs refusÚ. (0x5).)
    please anyone have idia ?

Run it from an elevated command prompt.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345