Found a Kernel latency reduction method, why does it work?

Hey guys, thanks for the site it's been very useful in my recent attempts to improve my audio latency although there is still some room for improvement, it may be as good as I can get on these specs. The issue is a typical crackling low buffer noise on high gain/reverb/filter effects for my guitar through the Rocksmith game.
    A strange but reproducible series of steps led me to a large reduction in kernel timer latency, finally getting DPC Latency checker into that sweet, sweet green zone but I have no idea why this works or what it means for my PC.
    Installing the Breakaway audio enhancement demo opens a digital line in in my recording devices, but the program does not need to be running for this to work, the strange thing is the sound options must be open to the recording devices tab and the line in must be enabled, just clicking onto playback devices is enough to disable the effect, I made a video with DPCLat and LatencyMon running to showcase this:

Kernel Latency Issue - YouTube

Any ideas why this works and how I can have a more permanent solution without the sound menu open to recording tab always?
    I have spent the last months trying every solution I could find online already so all the standard troubleshooting stuff has been done many times.
    Cheers.

PC Specs:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz 26 C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H87M-D3H (SOCKET 0) 28 C
    Graphics
    SONY TV (1920x1080@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (Gigabyte) 29 C
    ForceWare version: 382.05
    SLI Disabled
    Storage
    1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 (SATA) 21 C
    Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH16NS40
    Audio
    Logitech G533 Gaming Headset

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Re: Found a Kernel latency reduction method, why does it work?

Can confirm PC must be routing all the audio through the digital line in device, despite it not being default device and the game having a setting to use the guitar cable input only, as disabling the line in while in game stops the sound.