Windows 10 - x64 High Latency with stuttering and audio dropouts

I appreciate in advance that this is a complicated issue to seek help on. I've spent days going through as many tweaks, tips and approaches to testing and trying to rectify this issue but to no avail.

I suspect I had on-going latency issues for a while that were a mild inconvenience but since the Creators update the stuttering and latency is making the entire system borderline unusable, or at least extremely unpleasant.

The stutters are causing audio dropouts, fps drops and freezing in games and ping spikes as the Ndis and Network Card are spiking.

I read a couple of threads where people here were kindly helping others to work through these issues so I have attempted to gather in the appropriate logs to assist any troubleshooting, should anyone be willing to help.

I'm currently a mature student so fairly tight funds wise but have 20 in amazon vouchers I'll gladly give to any technician who assists me in working through this. I'll also make a donation to the site.

---

System Specs

CPU: i5-4670k @4.2ghz
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-K
    Memory: 2 x 4gb Crucial Ballistik Elite
    GPU: Asus Strik GTX970
    Sound: Asus Strik Soar 7.1 Soundcard
    SSD: Kingston SV300S37A 120gb
    HD: Seagate Barracuda 2Tb
    PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 530W Bronze PSU

---

I've done a fresh install of Windows 10 (x64 retail) and installed the drivers from the Asus website.
    I've also reset the bios to default.
    Finally I tried downgrading the Realtek onboard LAN driver to Windows 7 as this has been suggested a lot as a culprit/solution.

Other investigating with Latency Monitor suggests the problem is reduced when the LAN nic is disabled. But I left the monitoring running overnight without the LAN and the system still had latency issues.
    I did try disabling the NIC and using a tplink wifi dongle and that caused the most severe latency issues of any hardware.

---

Latency Monitor test:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CONCLUSION
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
    LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 1:43:51 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
    Computer name: DESKTOP-MREFJUH
    OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 15063 (x64)
    Hardware: All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z87-K
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Logical processors: 4
    Processor groups: 1
    RAM: 8130 MB total

CPU SPEED
    Reported CPU speed: 3398 MHz
    Measured CPU speed: 1 MHz (approx.)

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
    The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (s): 2654.304023
    Average measured interrupt to process latency (s): 3.736664

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (s): 2651.591859
    Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (s): 1.180054

REPORTED ISRs
    Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (s): 135.321071
    Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.174358
    Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.227045

ISR count (execution time <250 s): 8089133
    ISR count (execution time 250-500 s): 0
    ISR count (execution time 500-999 s): 0
    ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 s): 0
    ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 s): 0
    ISR count (execution time >=4000 s): 0

REPORTED DPCs
    DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (s): 6202.776928
    Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: tcpip.sys - TCP/IP Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.240638
    Driver with highest DPC total execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.570175

DPC count (execution time <250 s): 32626375
    DPC count (execution time 250-500 s): 0
    DPC count (execution time 500-999 s): 13545
    DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 s): 412
    DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 s): 41
    DPC count (execution time >=4000 s): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
    Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

Process with highest pagefault count: none

Total number of hard pagefaults 0
    Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 0
    Highest hard pagefault resolution time (s): 0.0
    Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 0.0
    Number of processes hit: 0

PER CPU DATA
    CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 325.576908
    CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (s): 135.321071
    CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 56.382831
    CPU 0 ISR count: 7937248
    CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (s): 6202.776928
    CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 119.144291
    CPU 0 DPC count: 29957808
    CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 82.100333
    CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (s): 78.299588
    CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.206830
    CPU 1 ISR count: 151836
    CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (s): 3606.194526
    CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 9.496628
    CPU 1 DPC count: 999475
    CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 77.014762
    CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (s): 2.354032
    CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000051
    CPU 2 ISR count: 49
    CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (s): 334.285462
    CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 6.525460
    CPU 2 DPC count: 831663
    CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 73.668881
    CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (s): 0.0
    CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
    CPU 3 ISR count: 0
    CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (s): 3608.756327
    CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 6.946974
    CPU 3 DPC count: 851430

Drivers list from Latency Monitor

Windows 10 - x64 High Latency with stuttering and audio dropouts-drivers-post-install-jpg

I've attached DxDiag & msinfo32.

If anyone has the time and kindness to help me with this I would appreciate it enormously, this is an incredibly frustrating issue to run into. I'll gladly pass on that voucher as a small token of my gratitude to anyone who assists and I'll undertake any testing or logging exactly as requested. I wouldn't intend to waste anyone's time here.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

• specs System Specs
      • Manufacturer:
        HP
      • Model Number:
        HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j130us Notebook - E8A04UA
      • Motherboard:
        HP Insyde 720265-501 6050A2549501-MB-A02
      • CPU:
        Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz.
      • Memory:
        12GB DDR3L SDRAM (2 DIMM)
      • Graphics:
        Intel HD graphics 4600 with up to 1792MB total graphics memory
      • Sound Card:
        Beats Audio quad speakers and two subwoofers
      • Hard Drives:
        1TB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
      • Disk Drives:
        Hitachi 500 GB SSD; 7 TB USB External
      • Power Supply:
        90w
      • Case:
        Laptop
      • Display:
        17.3-inch diagonal HD+ BrightView LED-backlit touchscreen display (1600 x 900)
      • Operating System:
        Windows 8.1

Re: Windows 10 - x64 High Latency with stuttering and audio dropouts

Hi. . .

Make sure that your BIOS is the most recent version available.

Make sure that your video, audio, wifi, and Ethernet drivers are updated.

Obtain the driver name from Device Manager (devmgmt.msc), then look it up in the DRT for the update site -

Driver Reference Table

If you have an Internet Security Suite (ISS - 3rd party firewall + AV) installed, uninstall it with the removal tool, if available. Run removal tools for any other ISS' that were installed in the past.

ESET Knowledgebase

Regards. . .

jcgriff2
    Last edited by jcgriff2; 06-26-2017 at 08:18 PM.