Page 2 of 2 First 12

Re: ACPI.sys and Wdf01000.sys causing high DPC latency. Sound freezing.

I have installed other drivers one time using a driver installer. A person on another forum said it helped him.
    Before I did that I had all the latest drivers from the Dell website, but I still had problems. Then I used this driver installer, but it didn't solve it.

Now I've installed all the latest drivers from the Dell website again. I saw there were a few new ones. I've just installed them, but still I get a latency of 20ms.
    I installed the latest driver for my Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller through Windows. It updated to the latest version and it's now: 15.2.7.1042

Still have the same problems though

• Ad Bot

advertising
      Beep.

Your laptop download website (click) contains intel RST version 15.2.5.1035 (under serial ata drivers group): i'd use that one or the one by intel---> Download Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology (Intel(R) RST) RAID Driver.
    Other versions could be beta or not suitable to your laptop (even if they come from windows update. I would be scared about other sources).

Maybe you can also consider to change RAID to AHCI, if you think you don't need it (it could seem a simple operation, but it could be risky; therefore, as always, it is better to have the windows repair cd and/or windows installation cd, a recent restore point and a full system image made with your preferred tool).
    This step is not mandatory, the choice is yours... Let me know how you want to proceed.
    Last edited by xilolee; 02-20-2017 at 08:01 PM.

I installed the other drivers now that you linked to.
    I read on Reddit that someone also experienced high latency and when he disabled intel Speedstep in the BIOS the latency was reduced.

I'm a bit reluctant to do that since it will decrease my battery life and I don't want to go into bios to disable it everytime i want to dj. But maybe it could help you identify the problem.
    Have you found anything else in the xperf?

Hi Zandah,

I have purchased exactly the same laptop as you and primarily will be using it with Traktor. Im running into exactly the same issues as you! I'm looking at disabling the power saving options on the nvidia graphics card using rivatuner. Will report back shortly as I have tried lots of other optimisations with no success :-(

I hope you find a solution or that Xilolee finds what exactly is causing the latency.

Any news Xilolee?

Page 2 of 2 First 12