I'm really sorry for the delay, I've had a lot on recently and have a huge backlog of threads to reply to.
Uploading the files from another server would be great, thanks. Can you upload C:\Windows\system32\config\COMPONENTS please? It'll be about 50MB so probably too big to upload as a zip here. Running this on the server will upload it to us here:
this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.
- Download SFCFix (by niemiro) and save this to your Desktop.
- Download the attached file, SFCFixScript.txt, and save this to your Desktop. Ensure that this file is named SFCFixScript.txt - do not rename it.
- Save any open documents and close all open windows.
- On your Desktop, you should see two files: SFCFix.exe and SFCFixScript.txt.
- Drag the file SFCFixScript.txt onto the file SFCFix.exe and release it.
- SFCFix will now process the script.
- Upon completion, a log should be created on your Desktop: SFCFix.txt.
- Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of this into your next post for me to analyse please - put [CODE][/CODE] tags around the log to break up the text.
Uploading it elsewhere is fine as well, I don't mind at all :)