What's new

[SOLVED] Win2012 R2 Event ID 5 Kernel-General

Milanista

Hi

I received this error {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\SystemRoot\System32\Config\RegBack\SYSTEM' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost. I did sfc and chkdsk but to no avail.

My server is a vm and pvs.

Milanista

I figure i should copy "System" file from regback folder however it gave access denied when i trying to copy

softwaremaniac

Moderator, BSOD Kernel Dump Expert, Windows Update Instructor
Staff member
In your other thread you said it was the SOFTWARE hive. Which is it?

jcgriff2

Site Administrator, Forum General Manager, BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Staff member
Quote from the other thread -

Hi;

After reboot there is an error in event viewer {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\SystemRoot\System32\Config\RegBack\SOFTWARE' was corrupted and it has been recovered. I did scanfix and chkdsk but it doesn't remedy the issue.
Quote from this thread -

Hi

I received this error {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\SystemRoot\System32\Config\RegBack\SYSTEM' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost. I did sfc and chkdsk but to no avail.

Milanista

Quote from the other thread -

Hi;

After reboot there is an error in event viewer {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\SystemRoot\System32\Config\RegBack\SOFTWARE' was corrupted and it has been recovered. I did scanfix and chkdsk but it doesn't remedy the issue.
Quote from this thread -

Hi

It's "SOFTWARE". When i in recovery console the regbak folder is empty and i couldn't copy.

softwaremaniac

Moderator, BSOD Kernel Dump Expert, Windows Update Instructor
Staff member
Please see my post in your update thread. We'll continue there.