Finally, what everyone has been waiting for: Version 220.127.116.11
is ready for release.
This may be confusing to some. Why 18.104.22.168 after 0.9.9.x? Why not 22.214.171.124?
A little background as to why the change was made from 0.9.9.x to 126.96.36.199 instead of 188.8.131.52:
Going back to the jcgriff2 app, the original scripts were developed by John Griffith (jcgriff2
), and those scripts ran through .bat and .VBS scripts. Those were designed to obtain relevant information from the kernel debugger analyses. The relevant info chosen included that which John used in his blue screen analyses with the forums he worked in. Richard (niemiro
), at John's behest, ported those scripts into a C++ application with the intent that they be available to all analysts. He began and did much of the important development so users had options for the output. Those were developed and used by many here up to version 184.108.40.206.
As some know, I was developing my own app with similar designs. I started the app more as a hobby, and then it became a necessity due to restrictions placed on the ability to obtain the app here on the forums I was initially working on to help users with BSODs. My app grew due to the necessity to train others in BSOD analysis. Eventually, I left those forums and joined here. Some were still using my app here, but from my perspective, it was nowhere near as effective as what John and Richard had accomplished here. There were some features that were different that people liked, though, so I spent a weekend rebuilding it to make it faster, more efficient, and to incorporate more options into it. I went as far as to say the redesign was version 2.0 of my own app (although, it probably still was closer to version 1.0 of the jcgriff2 app).
Due to the features people liked in my app and the features that people liked in the jcgriff2 app, John, Richard, and I discussed a merging of the two apps and called them the Sysnative BSOD Apps. I designed a graphical interface for it, and the version number was dropped down to 0.9.0 since it was in a testing stage. Richard brought up the point that the new apps with all the options and the graphical interface were beyond the 220.127.116.11 jcgriff2 app, so after testing, we both agreed upon the 18.104.22.168 version number. And that is how we end up with the 2.0.0 version number.