What's new

softwaremaniac - 17,000 Posts

BrianDrab

Administrator, Windows Update Instructor, Security Analyst
Staff member
Wow!! Fantastic job!

plodr

Sysnative Staff, Contributor
17,000 quality posts! Congratulations and thanks. I read and learn.

jcgriff2

Site Administrator, Forum General Manager, BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Staff member
17,000 01-20-2019
16,000 12-27-2018
15,000 12-07-2018
11,000 08-04-2018
10,000 07-04-2018
2,000 10-03-2017
1,000 09-02-2017
Wow!! Fantastic job!
No. That's an understatement!
You brought out something that I was hoping would stay hidden... the fact that I missed a few Congratulations threads for him! :)

Sorry about that, Mihael!

John

PeterJ

Security Analyst, Windows Update Senior Analyst, Sysnative Staff
Congratulations.

Digerati

Forum Moderator, Hardware
Staff member
jcgriff2 said:
You brought out something that I was hoping would stay hidden... the fact that I missed a few Congratulations threads for him! :)
Great! So do I have to take back my comments from here now? LOL ;)

softwaremaniac

Moderator, BSOD Kernel Dump Expert, Windows Update Instructor
Staff member
Thanks all. And don't worry about the Congratulations threads. I do so much here that a mere thread every now and then means nothing. Those who know me know how much I do for Sysnative on a daily basis regardless if there's a thread or not.

Digerati

Staff member
I do so much here that a mere thread every now and then means nothing.
On the contrary! As a perfect example, the vast majority of your work is done in sections of the site I never visit. If not for these threads, many of us would have no clue how much you do for the site. So as I said in John's thread, it is not really the post count that matters but all the hard work and contributions. So these threads are an opportunity to be recognized for that.

I mean you're not going to get a pay raise so you just have to put up with this. At least nobody is going to put a stupid hat on your head and have the entire staff circle around and sing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" to totally embarrass you in front of the whole restaurant - err... I mean site. ;)

softwaremaniac

Moderator, BSOD Kernel Dump Expert, Windows Update Instructor
Staff member
As a perfect example, the vast majority of your work is done in sections of the site I never visit.
You mean you ain't hangin' 'round the best part(s) of Sysnative? :grin1:

Digerati

Staff member
You mean you ain't hangin' 'round the best part(s) of Sysnative?
Ever since I started hanging out in forums (back in ComputerCops, later CastleCops) days, I have always been sort of a maverick. As an electronics technician, I tend to approach computer problems from a different direction than most forum helpers. I typically focus on the hardware side of things starting with, "Is it plugged in?" "Is it turned on?" "Is it getting good, clean, stable power?" If "yes" to all that, then I [might] move to the OS and software side of things.

In fact, it was a side career of mine, going back into the early 70s, to avoiding programming! Back in the day, it was all about malware removal and that was all about analyzing logs. That was too much like programming for me. Plus, I did enough "key punching" (I know Corrine can relate!) and analyzing logs in the Air Force - and analyzing logs in my own computer repair shop. Sadly, a big chuck of our work in my shop was malware removal when I wanted to concentrate on IT consulting, hardware repair, and building custom PCs. Oh well - MR was good for business but it didn't involve multimeters or soldering irons. Fortunately, malware removal, while still a problem, is nothing like it was with XP.

Of course here, much of Sysnative's "business" is about analyzing logs and dumps and such, helping folks with BSODs, failed SFC /Scannow, high latencies and more - again, all pretty much on the software side of things - that is, not my bag.

While maintaining computers forces even electronics techs to become proficient with operating systems, I would never consider myself a Windows expert as you all clearly are. But that's okay with me. I don't mind sitting on the sidelines. I can bask in your glory just through association! :grin1: I had my glory days back when I was "the first" Network Manager for a major military installation, as project manager laying a FDDI backbone on the base, and team lead setting up "the first" wide area network monitoring for the State of Nebraska's Child Protection Services - supporting both, an IBM mainframe and 100s of OS/2 PCs in 93 counties across the state.

While I can fix just about any Windows (including malware) problem, I am many magnitudes better (and faster) at it when the computer is physically sitting on my bench, right in front of me, where I can see (and touch and feel) for myself what is happening. So I leave, and admire the remote troubleshooting of those areas to the experts - you guys! :thumbsup2: It is your turn to take the torch and run with it. But damn! Don't be so fast!

While I admit there is something very significant to Neil Young's most profound line, "It's better to burn out than to fade away", I don't want you to burn out (or fade away). You have too much to give - even if not here at Sysnative.

Will Watts

Senior Administrator, Security Analyst
Staff member
Congratulations Mihael!

As others have said, the post count threads are a nice way of recognising staff. Everyone here posts with such professionalism, and are willing to spend so much time helping (sometimes unthankful) users it's incredible.

It's a small gesture, but important. :)