Hi, the latest security and quality roll up update was unsuccessful (KB4459922).
When I checked previous updates, I have recognized that some of the previous updates was unsuccessful also; KB4457918, KB4346080, KB4340556, KB4099633.
All updates about .NET.
I'm using an ASUS ROG751 laptop with Windows7 x64 (Hungarian).
Step#1 - Capture Process Monitor Trace 1. Download and run Process Monitor. Leave this running while you perform the next steps.
2. Try installing the update just like you have in the past.
3. Stop Process Monitor as soon as it fails. You can simply do this by clicking the magnifying glass on the toolbar as shown below.
4. Select the File menu...Save... and save the file to your desktop. This is likely the default location. The name (unless changed) will be LogFile.PML. This is fine.
5. Zip up and attach the LogFile.PML file as well as your CBS.log
I have downloaded the file and started it. Because I have 4.7.2 (or this installer believed it) I get two options: repair to the original state, or remove. I have chosen to repair, and get an error message that the option is available on network or not reachable (sorry, I've got a Hungarian message and I try to translate it - hope you will recognize it). It seems that he installer needs a file named netfx_Full_x64.msi.
I have got this file only for version 4.7.1 on my computer and Microsoft offers me this site: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4054530/microsoft-net-framework-4-7-2-offline-installer-for-windows What to do next?
Unsuccessful. "The tool is unable to resolve the installation issue on your computer. The following logs will be sent to Microsoft for further analysis."
I have uploaded the list of logs displayed by the installer.
Step#1 - FRST Fix NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
1. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop. Note: You need to run the 64-bit Version so please ensure you download that one.
2. Download attached file and save it to the Desktop. Note. It's important that both files, FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work (in this case...the desktop).
3. Run FRST64 by Right-Clicking on the file and choosing Run as administrator.
4. Press the Fix button just once and wait. If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
5. When finished FRST64 will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post the contents of it in your reply.
6. Try updates and if any fail, attach CBS.log.
FRST started as admin, finished normally, computer restarted. Update retried, failed.
CBS compressed, renamed (CBS_20181019.zip) and uploaded to the same GoogleDrive.