Remove Update Manually
1. Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt.
2. When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
3. When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following command into it, then press enter. wusa /uninstall /KB:4015549
4. Let me know if it says it was successful or if there are any errors.
FRST Registry Search
1. Click your Start button and choose Control Panel.
2. In the upper right corner ensure the View by: is set to Category.
3. Select the Programs group.
4. Click the Turn Windows features on or off link. This will bring up the Server Manager dialog. Note: This loads your components hive which is what we want. Please keep this dialog open while you perform the remaining steps. You can minimize it if you wish but keep it open.
5. Right-click on the file FRST64.exe and choose Run as administrator.
6. Copy and paste KB4015549 into the Search box and click the Search Registry button.
7. When the scan is complete, a message will display that 'SearchReg.txt' is saved in the same folder FRST was started from. Notepad will open this file also. Close Notepad and attach the file 'SearchReg.txt' to your next reply.
8. You may close any remaining open windows now.
Step 1: Warning: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Do not run this script on another machine.
1. Download the attachment fixlist.txt and save it to your desktop.
2. Right-click on FRST64.exe and select "Run as administrator".
3. Press the Fix button.
4. The tool will now process fixlist.txt.
5. If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
6. When finished, a log called Fixlog.txt will appear in the same directory the tool is run from.
7. Post the logfile Fixlog.txt as attachment in your next reply.
Check Windows Update again and report the result.
Run sfc /scannow again and attach the zipped cbs.log to your next reply.
Hello 21 century digital master.:thumbsup2: I'm happy to report a success!!! Windows updated with no issues. Its been a long time coming that is for sure. Anyway the requested files are attached and linked just in case.
Hello. My most sincere apologies but I had no idea you have responded since I got no e-mail confirmation unit I checked the forum today. Any way the updates seem to be 100% successful every time now. Not sure if any more action is required on my part, however I will donate today to this forum some spare change. Again you are awesome and all your efforts are greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Pawel.